Talk

Advanced search

Question about EWCM

(9 Posts)
toomanydinosaurs Tue 20-Sep-11 13:01:29

Hi ladies. Hoping that any experts on CM can answer my question. We've been trying to conceive and yesterday I had quite a bit of EWCM (cd 9) so we dtd. Then today it seems to have all gone. I'm dry as a bone! I thought EWCM hangs around for a few days?

Thanks in advance!

eurochick Tue 20-Sep-11 13:58:28

I only ever get it for one day. I usually get a few days of (fertile) "watery" CM before it though.

toomanydinosaurs Tue 20-Sep-11 14:28:19

Thanks eurochick. I didn't notice much cm at all before yesterday. That's why I'm surprised that I'm so dry as if I only had 1 fertile day. Do you think it makes sense to keep swi for a few more days or are my chances of conceiving this month pretty slim?

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 20-Sep-11 16:23:29

I get it for two days max but sometimes get it for one day early in my cycle then again for a couple of days later (e.g. cd9 then 12 and 13). Best thing to do is swi three times a week every week. Hth

eurochick Tue 20-Sep-11 16:46:28

Some people do get it more than once and CD9 is pretty early for ov so I would suggest you keep going!

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 20-Sep-11 18:11:43

I get it for two days max but sometimes get it for one day early in my cycle then again for a couple of days later (e.g. cd9 then 12 and 13). Best thing to do is swi three times a week every week. Hth

HaveALittleFaithBaby Tue 20-Sep-11 18:12:49

My apologies I have no idea why that posted twice hours apart...

Carlitawantsababy Wed 21-Sep-11 08:20:36

Defo keep going! Also may be worth considering using preseed as it's designed to give you more chance either side of your EWCM days esp. If you only get one!

toomanydinosaurs Wed 21-Sep-11 11:36:32

Thanks everyone. I have decided to keep going for the rest of the week just to give it our best shot. CD9 does sound very early though as I normally have fairly regular cycles of 27-28 days. Should I be concerned about this? If I ovulate early will it decrease my chances of conceiving?

I will look into preseed, carlita. Thanks for telling me about that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now