Talk

Advanced search

When to use opks?

(6 Posts)
ToPeeOrNotToPee Mon 19-Sep-11 09:43:56

I've just finished my period and I have no idea if I'm ovulating or not every month due to the depo.

Should I start using opks from today onwards?

kat2504 Mon 19-Sep-11 10:32:21

No I would wait until at least day 8 even if you have short cycles. If you have got the really cheap ones then really you can pee on as many as you like but the others are expensive and I wouldn't waste them. Even day 8 is early to start, I usually waited till day 10 and I tended to ovulate around day 15/16.

I would recommend actually leaving it three months while your cycles get back to regularity. You may even conceive in the meantime if you have loads of sex. Timing it to fit in with ovulation is a pain in the neck - if you go for every 2-3 days you can't miss ovulation really.

If you want to use them straight away I would strongly recommend getting the cheapo ones from the internet.

ToPeeOrNotToPee Mon 19-Sep-11 10:40:09

I have cheap ones from amazon. I came off depo in April 2010 so my cycles are basically regular now. Last two were 26 days and one before was 24 days.

eurochick Mon 19-Sep-11 10:40:16

The leaflet in the box should tell you when to test depending on your cycle length (if there is no leaflet you should be able to find a chart somewhere on the interweb).

kat2504 Mon 19-Sep-11 10:50:35

Right in that case the depo really shouldn't be an issue any more. your cycles are fairly short so I would start testing on day 8 and be expecting to get a positive around about day 11 or 12.

ToPeeOrNotToPee Mon 19-Sep-11 10:57:08

Thanks Kat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now