Talk

Advanced search

TTC #2 with a new man after a lot of heartache! Anyone else in the same situation? Trying not to get obsessed!

(1 Post)
Alisonjayjay Sun 18-Sep-11 09:39:57

Hi everyone!

Well my name is Alison & my ds is now 7. About 4 1/2 years ago I was ttc#2. I was pretty obsessed tbh. I charted my temp, religiously used ovulation tests and had sex on specific days. I felt it was becoming a bit of a chore and we tried for a year and half with no joy. Each month was met with hope and then heartache when the pregnancy tests were negative.

I then had my heart broken when I found out my man had been cheating on me and seeing one of my so called friends behind my back while we were ttc! We split up. Maybe it was fate that I didn't get pregnant again.

I moved on and it took me a long time to get over him. I was completely heart broken as my dreams of having another baby and making our family complete were completely gone.

Almost two years ago now I met an amazing man who has been a godsend to me and my ds. He treats him like his own son and they get on amazingly. I love him dearly and now we have decided to try for a baby.

I came off the pill 3 months ago. I told myself I wouldn't become obsessed so I have banned myself from buying ovulation tests etc, and instead we're just relying on wait and see and let nature take its course.

My period due today and I'm trying hard not to be obsessively symptom spotting but my boobs are really painful and they aren't usually before my period. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now