Talk

Advanced search

TTC for ages. Do you still....?

(3 Posts)
Ruthie32 Sun 18-Sep-11 08:26:40

Morning

Just wondering if those of you like me who have been trying for over 18 months are still taking folic acid?
I started taking it when we started TTC and at some point I stopped and don't bother now. I would start again immediately if I got pregnant but after nearly 2 years it just doesn't seem as important as it was

Also wondering if you still test when you're ovulating each month or just assume it's about the same every month having tested it in the past?

Was feeling quite positive this month but had a really down, needy day yesterday, a sure sign that AF is on it's way....!

xx

SleepyFergus Sun 18-Sep-11 08:43:20

Hi there, I have a DD and she took 3.5 years to conceive and I took Folic acid all that time! I think I just got in the habit of it tbh! Then again, I was taking lots of different vitamins depending what bit of research or ttc forum I'd recently read that I must have rattled if you shook me.

As for using opks, I did and I didn't. I ended up on clomid and then using ivf drugs but in smaller doses to trigger ov so I didn't need to use opks on those cycles.

A couple of things I did find useful was a book called 'taking charge of your fertility' by Toni Welschler (often referred to as TCOYF) which explains how your cycles work. Everything you thought you knew but don't actually. She's a big fan of temping and charting which I didn't bother with but the narrative on the how's and why's of ov is useful. And I also bought a Clearblue Ov Monitor which isn't cheap between that and the special ov sticks but again was useful in showing me how unpredictable my cycles were.

I threw a lot of money at ttc!!

You say you've been ttc for 18mths - have you been to your docs for any tests? They can run basic hormone ones for you and arrange a semen test for your other half.

Good luck, I hope good news is just around the corner for you both.

HaveALittleFaithBaby Sun 18-Sep-11 08:59:13

Yes after 22 months I still do (well take a multivitamin that contains it).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now