Talk

Advanced search

TTC, mirena and breastfeeding

(1 Post)
BBandthedestroyer Sat 17-Sep-11 18:34:48

Hey I'm new at this TTC lark! DD1 was an accident a serendipity so we never actually 'tried' for her.

DD1 is now 15months and we have decided we'd like another soon. I had my Mirena coil taken out in June (it had been in for about 10 months) I never had any periods while the Mirena was in. After it was taken out I had 1 'good normal' period, 28 days later, and since then I seem to have been on a 21/22 day cycle, but with really strange periods that start off as pink spotting, then get heavier after 1 or 2 days, but - and this is the bizarre thing - they are completely painless. Which is crazy for me because I always had such awful heavy painful periods. I also don't think I'm ovulating, like I said I'm new to this but have been watching for change in cm but seen none.

I'm still breastfeeding, usually about 2 or 3 times a day, occasionally more if she's grumpy. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Anyone know much about breastfeeding and TTC, or if there is any other explanation for the strange periods?

Ta in advance x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now