Talk

Advanced search

Never a Right Time?!

(4 Posts)
wannabemum24 Fri 16-Sep-11 12:52:50

Hey! Would you really say there is never a right time to have a baby? People say that, but I guess you need to feel ready in yourself and your partner too!

I have been married for 3 years next month and have been broody for bloody months. I noticed a while ago that I wasn't quite so broody and though, "good stuff" because it meant I could think about other things. However, it seems to have switched over to my husband who is now as broody as hell which is so unlike him, but nice at the same time.

I thought I may have been pregnant last month but wasnt and we were both bitterly disappointed. I think I may be getting broody again and it is freaking me out slightly! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be a mum, it's all I have eber wanted, but there's no going back and that is scary!

Anyhow...there are two things stopping me right now and I was hoping for some advice please!

1) My best friend is getting married at the end of March next year and I have been trying to slim down for that as I am 'Matron of Honour (!)' and I don't want them to keep having to expand the dress.

2) My sister and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years and they are having real trouble. She always said that if I got pregnant before her she would be cool with it, but I know she would be devasated. She is much older than me and has been married for 5.5 years. My husband said that I shouldn't let that stop me from getting pregnant when we want, and although I know he is right, I can't stop thinking about how gutted my sister would feel.

We are making the most of the time we have together and for now I am still on the pill. Any advice (particularly re sister) would be greatly appreciated!

greenzebra Fri 16-Sep-11 13:13:58

I dont think there is ever a right time to get pg. You never know what is roudn the corner and if youare getting broody and your DH and youwere diapointed by last month then maybe you are ready. I think holding off till after the wedding can have its good and bad points that you shouldnt over discuss or stress about. If your sister is having problems ttc then maybe you will or the stress can transfer itself. Its a tricky business that only you can decide on. My sister in law started a 3 year uni course and then decided at the end of the first year to ttc and fell pg, she said there was never a right time you could allways put it off through one excuse or another, so you might aswell let nature take its course. I think if I was in your shoes I would carry on as normal, dont ttc but dont use contraception and see what happens, use your friend wedding as a date for ttc for real. You never know you might get pg or you might not. But its not like youve given up thinking about it you are just not stopping it.

sorry if that was confusing.

wannabemum24 Fri 16-Sep-11 14:07:28

Thanks smile It wasn't confusing! Just spoke to my DH at lunch and he said he is up for seeing where we are in 6 months so I guess we'll see then!

HaveALittleFaithBaybee Fri 16-Sep-11 19:20:21

I agree. There may be better times and worse but you make adjustments. You don't know how long it may take yes I'm a tad cynical we thought it'd be quick but its been 22 months without a bfp
I know the difficulties with siblings but if my dsis decides to have another dc we wouldn't begrudge them.
May I ask how old you are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now