Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody else has this?

(6 Posts)
doopington Thu 15-Sep-11 20:34:51

I've been TTC for 3 months. The first month I was four days late, sore boobs, strange feelings in my tummy, nausea and dizziness. I did a few tests, all negative and had a heavy bleed the next day followed by a short period. Then this month I am six days late, strange feelings in my tummy again and I had a sharp pain a couple of days ago that made me nearly pass out. I did a cb test this morning and both me and OH swear there was a very very feint cross but now I seem to have a regular period. I just dont know what to think.

dontcarehow Fri 16-Sep-11 08:17:18

that sounds to me (very much a novice, no medical knowledge whatsoever) that you might be having very early miscarriage?...I know it sounds horrible but thats what it sounds like. Have you done much charting? because if you don't have a very long period between ovulating and coming on your period this is entirely possible, it just doesn't have time to stick. I'd go see your doctor.

MiniH Fri 16-Sep-11 08:58:43

I'm sorry but I disagree with rushing to see the doc. How well do you know your cycles? Are you 'late' based on pre-ttc cycles or were these on the pill? If you were 4 days 'late' last month then arguably you are only two 'late' this month as maybe cycles are just longer than you thought. Unless you chart ovulation or have very regular cycles you can't know for certain if you are late. And even if was a chemical preg there is nothing gp can do about it and is pretty common. If you are charting and you know luteal phase is short then yes, see your gp, but otherwise they will not do anything based just on speculation
that it may be short based on what sounds like bad period pains . If you want more certainty chart - either temp or ovulation sticks

PopcornMouse Fri 16-Sep-11 14:32:55

Your description sounds like a typical AF in the Popcorn household. Have you recently come off the pill? That often makes AF milder, and causes a surprise when you come off it and suddenly AFs are horrendous again. That was the case with me, anyway...

buggerlugs82 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:24:35

I have to agree with popcorn since coming off the pill 12 months ago and starting to TTC my periods are all over the place as are my sore boobs, funny pains etc.

Until you get a definate positive i'd try (not easy i know) to forget all about it.

eurochick Fri 16-Sep-11 15:34:01

Hmmm, if you have come off the Pill I would agree with the others. I think a lot of people who have been on it for a while are shocked at how painful non-Pill AF can be.

However, before we were actively ttc, I had a cycle where a while before my period was due I got dizzy and felt "spacey" and has pinky spotting (for the first time in 23 years of having periods). The first month we actively tried I also felt dizzy and spacey but didn't have the bleeding. We are now on our tenth month of actively trying and after the first few, the symptoms stopped. But I am pretty sure that something went on before. I can't take the Pill so I am very aware of what my normal period is like and this was very different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now