Talk

Advanced search

Any pregnancy tester pros out there?!

(7 Posts)
Cally35 Thu 15-Sep-11 19:48:45

Hi ladies, a bizarre question I know but after 18months of trying, I am desperate. I have done a clear blue pregnancy test and the thick negative line came up quickly. My question is, can you see the positive line lurking in the shadows? I can see the faintest of lines but I have a bloody spotlight focussed on it and its not like a line line, it's like where the positive should show but I am praying, clutching at straws that Clear Blue wouldn't be so insensitive to invent sth where you can see the positive at all. Ummmm I know I know time will tell and I should test in the morning but I rarely ever need to test!!

MissTinaTeaspoon Thu 15-Sep-11 19:57:47

I'm sorry but that sounds like an evaporation line. Is it blue or a 'ghost' line? I had a false positive on a clearblue + test, I no longer trust them. If I was you I'd buy a different brand and use fmu tomorrow. The tests with pink dye are reputed to be better test.

Good luck

Cally35 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:04:29

Tina - thanks I needed sense kicked in to me. False positives are not good, I will ban the CB from now on!

mumatron Thu 15-Sep-11 20:14:50

Yes CB are a bit crap. I've always prefered supermarket own brand or internet cheapies.

How many dpo are you?

Good luck!

cwtchy Thu 15-Sep-11 20:20:57

My favourites were first response, I got a definite line at 9 dpo ( I had to take it apart to see it, though) . But then I am a chemist who is slightly obsessional about doing tests far too early!

Cally35 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:42:48

I am 12dpo but am due today. There are still a few hours left of the day though so dreading AF turning up at the last minute. I have never been late, not once and hence my curiosity/exasperation/anxiety. Oh this is a cruel game!

gigglepin Thu 15-Sep-11 20:47:45

sounds like an evaporation line tbh.

Ive been where you are and yes af came to bite my arse at the very last moment....hope you get you bfp soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now