Talk

Advanced search

Conception after Depo Provera

(7 Posts)
ToPeeOrNotToPee Wed 14-Sep-11 09:14:25

I came off the depo injection in april 2010 and it took 8 months of non stop bleeding for my periods to regulate.

I haven't been actively ttc as I do no temp or use opks but I've just ordered some because I am curious if i am even ovulating or not, as I've read the depo stop ovulation for a long time.

Anyone else ttc after depo? Any success stories as I'm feeling quite disheartened at this point.

Roxanne123 Wed 14-Sep-11 10:19:23

Hi, I also had a hell of a lot of problems with this injection!

I never had a period for about 15 months then never had regular periods again and only got the injection once!

But i am now pregnant smile some people it only takes a few weeks to get out of their system some it can take longer.

xx

ToPeeOrNotToPee Wed 14-Sep-11 10:36:43

So it took you 15 months to conceive?

thelittlefriend Wed 14-Sep-11 13:20:15

topee just be aware that there is a very small window to catch the rise in hormones that the opk's measure. So many people will never see a positive opk even though they are ovulating normally. I say this as it will only be more disheartening if you think you're not ovulating, when actually there is no problem. If you have settled down in to a regular cycle now, then it is most likely that you are ovulating. My story is more like roxanne's, because my periods have never regulated since stopping the injection, which is why I am now having problems ttc.

Buddhagirl Wed 14-Sep-11 14:26:47

My gp told me it can take up to 2 years to become fertile after depo. It took me a whole two years to get my periods back, since then i never have that egg white discharge, so im bloody well hoping it has not messed up my cycle. They dont give it anymore unless it is by far the best option, gives you a much higher risk of low bone density. Brilliant. Good luck, im sure you will be fine now your periods have come back.

ToPeeOrNotToPee Thu 15-Sep-11 08:27:12

Thank you. Good luck buddhagirl and thelittlefriend

I'm sure I get ewcm but not sure. Thanks for the info regarding opks, I've just bought some cheap ones off amazon so will give them a go but won't be disheartened. Also I've been to the gp to have hormone levels checked and it came back normal. I wonder when it will happen for me.

Any other ex depo users?

Roxanne123 Thu 15-Sep-11 16:47:47

I was not using contraception but not actively trying i ttc for that full time.. i started taking manuka honey umf 25+ which increases blood flow to the uterus and fell pregnant in 6 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now