Talk

Advanced search

gp says no but clearblue digi says yes!!!!!

(11 Posts)
taytotayto Tue 13-Sep-11 19:43:59

yesterday moring i did a tesco pregnancy test with fmu. got a faint positive. thought great so i rang and made appointment to see gp for early this morning. stupidly i did another tesc test this morning with fmu and got what i thougt was a negative but if i looked really carefull i saw a very faint line. anyway i thought id still keep gp appointment and ask her for advice. i took a sample of the fmu which she tested and said was neg. i was shocked. (not to mention really upset). i feel pregnant i cant explain it but i do. so i bought a clearblue digital and used the same fmu that the gp used and to my utter surprise i go a pregnant 1-2 weeks. im so confused and dont know if im pregnant or not, gp is going to do a blood sample on thursday. im so wound up and can wait for thursday to come. what do you girls thnk. am i or am i not?????

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Tue 13-Sep-11 19:45:17

How many days past your period due date are you?

taytotayto Tue 13-Sep-11 19:48:00

due yesterday

banana87 Tue 13-Sep-11 19:48:42

You are pregnant. Different tests detect HCG at different levels so it's likely the others were not as sensitive as the CBD. Congratulations!

pinkytheshrinky Tue 13-Sep-11 19:50:50

You don't need a blood test - just test again in a couple of days!

Anyway you are pregnant so congratulations

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 13-Sep-11 19:53:15

Fantastic user name. I got a feint result with an early test then a result with a clear blue one. Congratulations. !

taytotayto Tue 13-Sep-11 20:02:00

thank you all so much. been drivng myself mad with worry. hope the gp tests again and gets a line this time. fingers crossed . x

ginmakesitallok Tue 13-Sep-11 20:09:02

But you don't need your GP to test to confirm?? Love the user name too - oh the joys of Tandragee Castle, set deep in the Ulster Countryside....

ginmakesitallok Tue 13-Sep-11 20:09:45

oh and congratulations!!

goingmadtrying Tue 13-Sep-11 20:57:21

just to let you know when i tested +ve with clearblue both prev pregancies gp didnt do a test as they are reliable, so congratulations smile

hellymelly Tue 13-Sep-11 21:02:12

I had very faint lines at first,just a vague suggestion of where the line would be .Those lines are upstairs asleep now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now