Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to get pregnant having sex on day 8 of my cycle?

(7 Posts)
waspandbee Tue 13-Sep-11 08:48:09

DH and I had a sneaky shag on Saturday while DS was having a nap. My period started on Sat 3 Sept, so it was day 8 of my cycle. I have a regular as clockwork 28 day cycle. Not actively TTC but would be nice! smile

Is it possible? <tries to stop daydreaming about shiny new baby>

PinkFondantFancy Tue 13-Sep-11 08:51:21

Yep it's possible. I was told by a doctor once that they did a study where they took a load of couples and told them that they were only allowed to have sex on one allocated day of their cycle. There was a conception on every single cycle day allocated, even the ones near the beginning and end of the cycle (although I have no idea how many couples were involved though)

mousymouse Tue 13-Sep-11 08:54:38

yes, ovulation is usually around 14 days before af.
so if you have a 28 day cycle, ovulation is around day 14, fertile from around day 10. but as these things are not entirely reliable...
my day 8 baby has just started school wink

waspandbee Tue 13-Sep-11 09:10:14

eek smile

will let you know what happens in approx 2.5 weeks

TheNationalTruss Tue 13-Sep-11 09:11:29

grin I had sex on day 9 of a 27 day cycle and conceived. I ovulated on day 11. It's perfectly possible.

dottyaboutstripes Tue 13-Sep-11 09:52:49

Absolutely. I have a cd6 baby.

legallyblond Tue 13-Sep-11 15:21:24

Yes, DD was conceived on day 7.... I ovulated I think on day 13, so DH's sperm must have hung around for 6 days waiting for the opportunity!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now