Talk

Advanced search

Cervical mucas confusion????

(9 Posts)
goingmadtrying Tue 13-Sep-11 07:59:35

I'm currently on cd32 and my cycles have been getting longer over the past couple of months, have done 2 hpt over last couple of days both negative so don't think I'm pg this month. I've been thinking about ovulation and stuff and beginning to wonder if I'm Reading the signs completely wrong[mmm]

I have been having what I believe to be ewcm around cd12-14, sorry if tmi but it's clear not massive amount but stringy but breaks easily, however for the last couple of months have noticed thick cm around cd20, this is more stringy but not clear more opaque, last for fewer days and only comes out when wiping, my cycles have been around 40 days so could this actually be ewcm????

goingmadtrying Tue 13-Sep-11 08:01:16

[mmm] should be hmm

AmandaCooper Tue 13-Sep-11 08:27:21

It sounds like it and it would make sense in the context of your long cycles. The presence of fertile mucus on CD20 would generally speaking rule out OV before CD20.

It's not uncommon to have a bit just before AF arrives but that's not what's happening here. Opaque is quite normal.

goingmadtrying Tue 13-Sep-11 20:58:57

thanks we will see what happens cd32 today and wont be testing again until cd40!!. do think now ive been getting it wrong lol

AmandaCooper Tue 13-Sep-11 22:37:22

I don't envy you on a 40 day cycle, must be pretty frustrating.

goingmadtrying Wed 14-Sep-11 06:57:07

Thank you for replying smile how are you doing?

AmandaCooper Wed 14-Sep-11 08:05:14

Not bad, I'm certainly learning patience!

AstroNess Wed 14-Sep-11 08:52:42

Hi

You could also try temping? That's what I did with my long cycles.

Originally I thought I had a long luteal phase, like you have thought but when I temped I realised I was ovulating about 14 days before the end of my cycle- like people on a 28 day cycle might do.

goingmadtrying Wed 14-Sep-11 19:28:03

Thanks astro have considered temping but ds2 still gets up through the night so not sure it would be accurate, I've sort of resigned myself to the fact it may take forever!! I've just downsized my car so it will probably happen lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now