Talk

Advanced search

FSH and LH - please could someone talk to me about these?

(5 Posts)
shelbelle100 Mon 12-Sep-11 19:31:45

Hello

I went to have my 21 day bloods taken today and asked the nurse what my 5 day results looked like. She said FSH was high and the doctor needed to talk to me about it - I should make an appointment.

Anyway after a total panic I spoke to him this afternoon. He said LH and FSH are high - I can't remember what LH was but FSH was 10.2 (i was on phone at work so v hard to speak). He said we could discuss them all at an appointment next week when my progesterone (day 21) is back - he thought that that was the most important one.

Can anyone tell me anything about these? I am trying to write a list of questions to ask next week. I am very worried as internet research suggests high FSH = few eggs left. Am I running out of time? :-(

kat2504 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:08:33

From what I can gather 9-11 is a "fair" result. Under 9 is better, but your result is not in the "no chance" category yet. FSH increases with age, how old are you?

LIG1979 Tue 13-Sep-11 12:13:54

Hello Shelbelle,
Ok, this is what I think I understand about FSH and LH.

The ratio between FSH and LH is important. The ratio should be about 1:1.
If FSH is too high this indicates a low reserve of eggs but as you get older the FSH gets higher. LH has a peak at ovulation but if it is high throughout the cycle it can indicate PCOS.

shelbelle100 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:21:44

Thanks Kat and LIG1979. I am 32... Feeling quite down about it but guess I will have to see what doctor days next week.

shelbelle100 Wed 14-Sep-11 20:22:12

I will definitely find out my LH level too so I can see if they are 1:1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now