Talk

Advanced search

Almost ready to start TTC.......advice needed please!

(3 Posts)
Vornie Mon 12-Sep-11 18:50:28

I had my Implanon removed on Friday after two years of use. I had a list of questions for my GP but was in and out of the surgery very quickly. I am going to book a follow up appointment but was wondering what others had been advised? From a bit of googling, I have heard that although your fertility returns almost overnight, it can be risky TTC in the first month due to your womb lining still being thin? I haven't had a proper period for over a year but came on properly Saturday morning, only twelve hours after the implant had been removed!

Also, I had an unplanned ectopic pregnancy in 2002, again I had heard that when I do get my BFP I will need a scan ASAP as I have an elevated risk of another one.

I am very excited but also a little scared! Any advice will be much appreciated.

eurochick Mon 12-Sep-11 22:53:03

There have been a few threads over the last few days about starting ttc. Have a look back through those for a range of advice.

The general advice is to take folic acid 3 months before you start and have lots of bedroom time. There's no need to see a dr before you start trying. If you've already heard it's advisable to wait a month after being on Implanon, then do that.

AmandaCooper Tue 13-Sep-11 08:31:01

Yes that's sensible advice, if in doubt and waiting just one month will allay your concerns, wait a month. Good luck! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now