Talk

Advanced search

When can i test???

(12 Posts)
Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 20:59:15

I am at day 24 of my cycle and I have really sore, tender breasts. I have been pregnant before and this was the first symptom that I had then. What is the first date that I can test? Are there early detection detection tests that I can buy in the chemist or are they really expensive? My cycle is usually 28 - 30 days so guess I may just have to wait but patience is a virtue I have never really possessed!!

knittymum Sun 11-Sep-11 21:33:31

First response and clearblue claim that you could test 5 days early. I tested 3 days early last time, with a very very faint response (I thought I could have imagined the BFP), the same the next day, and then only at 1 day early did I get a properly strong result. But then each woman varies with the amount of the HSG hormone in her, so it could be more successful for you!

Good luck!

Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 21:34:05

Any ideas anyone???

Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 21:36:59

Thanks knittymum, wasn't being rude, just sent second message as your appeared! Praps I will get one of those tomorrow to try.

noonar Sun 11-Sep-11 21:45:04

well i've just used the second of my buy one get one free first response tests (yesterday). i tested 7 and 5 days before i was due. i am an idiot blush but seem to treat pg tests like boxes of chocs in that if theyre in the house, theyll get opened!

i know full well that 4 days before is the earliest you can resonably expect a bfp.

now i have some signs of pg and no tests left angry

Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 21:50:53

I sympathise noonar, it is just too much temptation if they are there. Trouble is they are quite expensive and you always end up doing more than one - either to try again a few days later or if you get a BFP, just to be sure wink What signs of pg have you got noonar?

Anyway guess i could give it a go tomorrow, boobs really painful.

noonar Sun 11-Sep-11 21:53:43

well i have had sharp stabbing twinges for a few days and now some light bleeding- 4 days before i'm due on, and am never , ever early. so was wondering if these could be signs of implantation...

Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 22:01:43

Dont know enough about it to say if it could be implantation, but cramping and spotting can be signs of v early pg. Unfortunately sometimes its just PMS too. Thats the frustrating thing - many of the PMS symptoms are the same as PG, so maybe thats why my boobs are sore. Anyway good luck noonar, praps we should both go out and invest in tests tomorrow and report back!

duke748 Sun 11-Sep-11 22:03:08

Have a look at this website. It tells you the % of pregnant women who got a positive on different days past ovulation. Very addictive - almost as addictive as peeing on a stick!

noonar Sun 11-Sep-11 22:05:14

maybe we should smile. you are right about symptoms being confusing as per text book definitions. thing is, i never get pms and never 'feel' as if i'm about to come on. thats why this is unusual...

PacificDogwood Sun 11-Sep-11 22:06:47

<<speaks slowly and loudly>>

Wait - until - you - have - missed - a - period.
Honestly, do.
Early testing, there madness lies.

Good luck.

Takeadeepbreath Sun 11-Sep-11 22:32:58

Thanks for the website duke748, can see what you mean about it being addictive! Guess I should wait a few more days but as I mentioned earlier, not v patient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now