Talk

Advanced search

False Negatives?

(6 Posts)
michaelcorleone Sat 10-Sep-11 06:57:19

been TTC for nearly a year now and am now 34 days into a cycle that is usually 27/28 days (31 max). A week after last period finished I had a day of new, relatively light bleeding -something never experienced before. About 5 days ago I was feeling fine one minute then was pretty violently sick. 5 mins later I felt fine and no other symptoms until 2 days ago when I had a dodgy stomach - again once and then nothing else. I had similar experiences in the early days when pregnant with DS. I have had sore boobs and bloated stomach for 3 days (both of which I get when am due on) and feel vaguely nauseous. Anyway I have done 3 pregnancy tests over last few days - 1 digital clearblue on 31 days, 1 supermarket one yesterday and 1 pee on a stick cheapy this morn and all negative. Anyone had similar experiences and the tests turned out to be false negatives? Or should I just accept the fact that AF is late but is on her pesky way?

goingmadtrying Sat 10-Sep-11 07:10:32

michel hi just wanted to say it sounds positive but this has happened with me over the last couple of months where my cycles ended up over 40 days sad. Do you have any idea when you ovulated as this can be late but normally the bit inbetween ovulation and period stays about the same I believe?

Good luck and fx you get a bfp soon, I'm currently cd29 so playing the waiting game with you lol

michaelcorleone Sat 10-Sep-11 07:22:42

thanks for reply. not too sure when ovulated. have been using a fertility monitor but was on holiday and decided to just have sex without the painstaking planning all the time for once! good luck to you too re getting a bfp. how long have you been trying?

Zwitterion Sat 10-Sep-11 07:30:25

I got a BFP with this pregnancy a week after period was due. And with DD 4 days.

All tests negative until that point. I guess I just take a bit longer to produce enough hormone for it to show up.

Good luck!

michaelcorleone Sat 10-Sep-11 08:31:04

congratulations Zwitterion! Here's hoping will have the same

goingmadtrying Sat 10-Sep-11 08:53:30

michael this is my 8th cycle not hopeful though sad
on a positive note I got pg with my other 2ds on holiday lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now