Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disastrous day 3 blood results.

(10 Posts)
banjaxedfilly Fri 09-Sep-11 14:23:05

I've just got my fsh day 3 results. 21.1

I have an appointment with g.p. on Monday but it seems pretty pointless.

We have a dd and I know how lucky I am but there aren't words to describe how gutted I am.

Sorry, don't know what anyone can say but dh isn't back till late and need to tell some one.

PieMistress Fri 09-Sep-11 14:32:34

Is it worth having it done again next month? Could it have been a one off? How old are you?

I've read that acupuncutre can be really beneficial in bringing your FSH levels down?
<hugs>

banjaxedfilly Fri 09-Sep-11 14:38:15

I think that your only as good as your worst level so apparently even if I get a lower level on a repeat I'm still fucked.

I'm 39 and fucked.

Sn0wGoose Fri 09-Sep-11 14:38:27

I'm really sorry you're going through such turmoil, filly! I would think it was worth re-testing next month?

farfallarocks Fri 09-Sep-11 14:40:00

So sorry to hear that. I have read that raised FSH levels are not always that accurate though. Can you pay privately to have AMH levels tested? Apprently a much better indicator of ovarian reserve.

I have also read that acupuncture and some lifestyle changes can make a huge difference. There is a chapter about it in Zita West;s book.

Thumbwitch Fri 09-Sep-11 14:44:47

If you haven't already found it, have a read of this and see if it is any comfort to you. There are things they recommend for high FSH.

You may not be completely fucked, honestly.

banjaxedfilly Fri 09-Sep-11 14:49:50

I know I'll end up getting them repeated out of desperation but I promised myself I'd be realistic and face up to things when results came in.

Sorry it's all me me me. Thank you for replying everyone.

farfallarocks Fri 09-Sep-11 14:50:41

thumb that is a really interesting link

Scrummybumb Fri 09-Sep-11 15:36:32

Marilyn Glenville claims to achieve results with women with high FSH, some with levels up to 50, with dietary changes. Not necessarily recommending her, but it might be worth a look. www.marilynglenville.com

MiniH Fri 09-Sep-11 19:55:37

Also saw that Create clinic work with low drugs which are better for poor responders so they are worth looking into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now