Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue digi ovulation tests?

(17 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Fri 09-Sep-11 09:54:26

I've just started using them and would've expected to get a + by now but no smiley face yet. My question is that when I take the test out of the monitor thingy, today there were 2 blue lines, one lighter than the other, does this mean I'm getting closer, or is it like the digi HPTs where the lines when you eject the test mean absolutely nothing at all? Anyone know?

farfallarocks Fri 09-Sep-11 16:00:50

Hi Dotty, usually when I get a smiley face the lines are the same stength or there abouts.

I find I have to test twice a day to 'catch' the surge though and it is possible to miss it completely and still be ovulating. Its an expensive business!

happyforthemostpart Fri 09-Sep-11 16:13:55

hi there - i have also been using them for the first time this month and am now on day 20 and have found no smiley faces! I haven't been looking at the lines on the sticks though.

Have you had any other signs of ov? I haven't and am getting a bit concerned?

My last 2 cycles have been 34 and 31 days with ov on either day 20 or 21... but so far no sign of ov sad

My reply is pretty unhelpful to you really since i don't know but i am in the same boat smile Have you been testing twice? what time of day? I read it was best to test between 11-3 and 8-10 and 8 hours apart....

what a mission

i think next month i will abandon anything apart from regular sex!

dottyaboutstripes Fri 09-Sep-11 16:20:20

I've been testing first thing in the morning as it says in the blurb that's ok (the cheapo ones I've used before said mid afternoon though I think) I've had EWCM for a couple of days, will just test again tomorrow I suppose. No way I'm doing 2 per day as they are ££££s!

farfallarocks Fri 09-Sep-11 16:44:41

I know its expensive, I buy them on Amazon for half the price.

Also I now don't really need the as I ovulate aroudn the same time every month but it was helpful for me to establish that as after years on the pill I had no idea about my cycles!

EWCM is an excellent sign that you are about to ovulate and a good indicator. I normally get it 3 days before a smile

happyforthemostpart Fri 09-Sep-11 16:54:03

Hi Dotty - It does say on the packet first thing but lots of ladies on here say around 1pm is better... I think it's due to the time of the surge and when clearblue can pick it up.

I think the EWCM is the best sign.... you're going to have a fun weekend ;)

dottyaboutstripes Fri 09-Sep-11 17:33:17

Trouble is that after 6 kids I don't really want to have a 4 hour window without peeing so first thing works for me! I've already been having lots of fun winkgrin

happyforthemostpart Fri 09-Sep-11 18:22:54

You're going for number SEVEN???!!! WOWZERS! or are you using them to prevent another bub?!!

either way 6 is impressive!

WishingIWasLucky Fri 09-Sep-11 18:32:48

Hi gals! Been reading this with interest. I've read lots and lots about opks here. However....what is their success rate in terms of achieving pregnancy? I think that would be the true litmus test, don't you?

WishingIWasLucky Fri 09-Sep-11 18:34:50

Dotty? Did you use these for your previous bundles of joy? Or are you new to these? From MN posts re OPKs, seems people have been trying them for many months. May tell them when ovulation is, but without achieving pregnancy, is that really such useful info?

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 09-Sep-11 18:37:45

It took me about 8 weeks tso get a smiley face. But once I did I was pregnant first time!

WishingIWasLucky Fri 09-Sep-11 18:42:18

Well done Ken. Congratulations! So when did you poas then? First thing, lunchtime or bedtime, then when did you dtd? After the smiley?! Sorry for tmi?!

WishingIWasLucky Fri 09-Sep-11 18:43:56

Can you tell I need all the help I can get?! Seriously it's a horribly frustrating journey. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

PieMistress Fri 09-Sep-11 19:21:23

wishing have you thought about a clearblue fertility monitor? You get readings of either low, high or peak fertility.

For OPKs I use both internet cheapies and the CB digis so I don't use so many of the expensive digi ones. When I start to get 2 obvious on the lines (I use them in the AM) I also start using the CB digis at teatime.

It might also be worth starting to use fertility friend and temperature charting if you want to be 'in control'?

dotty I think you are getting close. When you have 2 blue lines of a similar 'depth' then you should get your smiley face.

WishingIWasLucky Fri 09-Sep-11 19:25:08

Piemistress: I think I'll have to take this a bit seriously now won't I? Think I'll kit myself out with the lot like you suggest. All bases covered so to speak. Will keep you posted!

PieMistress Fri 09-Sep-11 19:50:34

If you do get a CBFM then there is something called the SMEP (sperm meets egg plan). It involves ALOT of SWI but seemingly has a high success rate!

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 09-Sep-11 20:08:55

I normally did it first wee in the morning. Got the smiley face at about 7am, dtd that night. And got me a St Patrick's day conception grin
I have PCOS and I thank God for those tests !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now