Talk

Advanced search

folic acid - when and how much?

(3 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Fri 09-Sep-11 08:08:52

Planning to start TTCing (or rather, stopping preventing wink) in early next year, probably Jan or Feb. Should I start taking folic acid now? Have I left it too late already?? And when I do start (today, the minute Boots opens grin) how much should I be taking? Sorry if it's a really basic question, I can't ask any of my friends with kids because the moment I do they'll all start jumping up and down and screaming with excitement (they've been nagging me to start trying for the past 5 years) which obviously I'd rather they didn't...

TIA!

WaitingforStork Fri 09-Sep-11 08:23:13

Morning Emerald I think the recommendation is to start 3 months before ttc (at least that's what it says on my bottle). One a day, can't remember the actual dose off hand.

Don't worry about being too late. I started it three months before and am still trying 8 cycles in so have been taking it 11 months now - glad it's quite cheap!

Good luck with ttc an try not to get too stressed at the start - it only gets worse!

emeraldgirl1 Fri 09-Sep-11 08:27:38

thanks waitingforstork!! Good luck with your own TTC (so that you can stop waiting for stork!!) - yes, I have the feeling this could get stressy... I'm a natural neurotic at the best of times so have PROMISED to myself I am going to look at this as 'stopping preventing' rather than trying... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now