Talk

Advanced search

How soon can you test?

(13 Posts)
ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 16:32:29

argh! I've got a 5 month old baby and haven't had a period since I gave birth as I've been breastfeeding. Had a contraception failure a couple of weeks ago and am now convinced I'm pregnant. Have that 'butterflies' feeling I remember from early on. I can't find anything on the Internet about how soon you can do a reliable pregnancy test if you're not getting periods. Does anyone know? Gulp. Thanks in advance!

Fiolondon Thu 08-Sep-11 19:22:48

Hi
If you have the butterflies feeling it should show up on a pregnancy test as you can test up to 3 days before your period with one of those super advanced tests.

goingmadtrying Thu 08-Sep-11 20:14:08

Im sure I've seen somewhere that you can test 14 days after having sexsmile

hope you get the answer you want x

ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:34:23

Thanks! Not sure what answer I want. Love being a mum and want more but the thought of two so young is really scary!

ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:35:56

Thanks! Not sure what answer I want. Love being a mum and want more but the thought of two so young is really scary!

goingmadtrying Thu 08-Sep-11 20:42:37

When are you going to test?

ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:52:57

Well it was two weeks ago today. I thought its too soon to test but perhaps if I get one of the early response tests I should/could do it tomorrow?

goingmadtrying Thu 08-Sep-11 20:55:20

I think if you went for a first response you can test up to 6 days early??

Fx for you smile

ShoreditchMum Thu 08-Sep-11 20:59:05

Ok - will get a test tomorrow. Thanks goingmadtrying - feels good to get it off my chest! DH out at work function and I'm at home worrying about it. x

dontcarehow Fri 09-Sep-11 08:47:46

Just wondering...whats the "butterflies" feeling?

goingmadtrying Fri 09-Sep-11 15:35:55

Did you testshore I attempted to this morning and flooded my test so it didn't work!!!lol

let us know how your getting on x

cheekycurls Fri 09-Sep-11 23:54:20

shoreditch great place to live!! grin

hope u get the out come u want smile

goingmadtrying Sat 10-Sep-11 07:13:03

???????? Come on any news I'm intrigued lol grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now