Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas on how long it can take to conceive after removing implant?

(9 Posts)
divinedestiny Tue 06-Sep-11 21:46:23

I am having my implant removed as I want to have another baby. Have heard many stories about it taking a couple of weeks to months to years. Do any of u have experiences of this? and do u know if the hormones leaves ur body straight away after the implant is removed?
Please share, and thanks in advance.

smearedinfood Tue 06-Sep-11 21:51:19

took us 4 months, but to be honest we weren't trying very hard as I was sh!tting myself. (But worth it, DS said Mum this morning woo hoo).

divinedestiny Tue 06-Sep-11 23:14:28

Thanks for replying, 4 months not too bad I suppose. Congratulations on having baby and on ds saying mum. So happy for u. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how my cycle runs and hopefully work with that. Fingers crossed smile

Missgiraffe1 Thu 08-Sep-11 08:25:32

Hi Devine, I actually got pg whilst we were in a 3 month period of not TTC! (as I didn't want to be a weeble bridesmaid!). That was 5 months after getting implant out. Good luck!

wellieboots Thu 08-Sep-11 10:20:14

The doc who removed mine said it would return to normal straight away, but a friend who is a GP said it could take a few months - I got pg after 7 months of not trying very hard - but then mc'd and it's taking longer this time.....good luck!

biglips Thu 08-Sep-11 10:47:56

i was told it was straight away...was trying for 2 mths and fell pg

LibrarianAli Fri 09-Sep-11 11:11:55

Hello,

I had 3 implants, so a total of 8 years using that as my method of contraception and I had it taken out at mid July and got my period end of August, so we've been trying since then. Not doing anything special really, just shaggin a bit more I suppose! (and taking some Folic Acic)

I have to admit, I did think that the minute the implant was out I'd be all knocked up with a bump and everything straight away - you spend so long trying to avoid getting pregnant and then when you are actively trying to it's a lot trickier than you imagine!

So it's a wait and see here! But good luck to you, Ali

lalabaloo Fri 09-Sep-11 18:33:44

I had mine removed in December, and the doctor said it would be possible to get pregnant straight away. I got a BFP on Saturday smile

divinedestiny Sun 11-Sep-11 23:47:42

Hi everyone, thanks for all ur replies. I guess I'll just have to see how this pans out. Congrats to the pregnant ladies and good luck to those trying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now