Talk

Advanced search

Blood test results in going to discuss with GP tomorrow - abnormal MCH level???

(5 Posts)
goingmadtrying Mon 05-Sep-11 21:42:14

Hello ladies,Im on my 8 month of ttc#3 and currently on cd24 so due friday???? My GP ran some blood tests last week due to my periods becoming irregular. He has tested hormones, liver and kidney function and blood sugars. I called today for the results and was given an appointment for tomorrow to go discuss the results the receptionist wasnt very clear so started to worry there was a problem, called back and spoke to someone else who advised Hormones not yet in, although my MCH level is abnormal and low. Googling this it appears to be low iron??. Do you think this could affect my fertility??

Also within the hormones would they do a pregnancy test? and would it show at cd19??

Sorry for so many questions just want tomorrow to be here hmm

goingmadtrying Mon 05-Sep-11 22:06:04

anyone?

Sn0wGoose Tue 06-Sep-11 11:52:05

Hi smile

Not an expert by any stretch, but I wouldn't expect a pg to show on cd19 as it would be too close to your ov date and maybe not implanted yet??

If it's low iron, then that can stop you getting pg as it can affect your ovulation - http://natural-fertility-info.com/iron-fertility-anemia.html
Luckily it's easily fixed! ;)

Hth x

eurochick Tue 06-Sep-11 12:56:34

I don't think they usually do a pregnancy test as part of infertility investigations.

As Goose said, low iron can affect fertility. I've been on iron tabs for nearly 4 years now due to heavy periods. However much of an iron rich diet I eat I jsut can't maintain my iron stores without help. Iron tabs are an easy fix but they do have side effects (constipation) so make sure you eat lots of fibre and keep your fluid levels up if you are prescribed them.

goingmadtrying Tue 06-Sep-11 18:13:40

Thanks ladies!

Well had a wasted journey as the receptionist booked my appointment and told me abnormal mch levels before a dr saw my results, turns out not a low result just slightly under what's classed as normal!! Everything else was ok smile

They didn't do a pg test so will need to decide when to test???

He has referred me for ultrasound to rule out pcos but I don't believe I have any symptoms from what people say on here??

Currently cd24 had what I believed to be ewcm however have noticed for the last couple of months at around this stage big clumps of yellowy tinged mucas sorry tmi!! Only when wiping, any ideas whether I'm mistaking my ewcm at the wrong time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now