Talk

Advanced search

Do we just keep going?

(3 Posts)
Ruthie32 Mon 05-Sep-11 21:07:38

Have been TTC #1 for about 21 months now.
I'm not using sticks or taking my temperature, have tried both but not consistently enough to get proper results and although the doctor said to do it every other day from day 7 to 21 we've certainly missed some days. I've had a blood test which came back 'normal' and DH has been tested and is also 'normal' but I have no clue what's next.
Should I have gone back to the doctors by now for more tests,and if so what tests should I ask for or should we just keep going?

I'm nearly 34, really want a baby but at the same time almost feel like I'm past caring now as I'm fed up of it being at the forefront of my mind for so long.......

any advice?
thx x

eurochick Mon 05-Sep-11 21:20:20

Yes, go back to the dr. The guideline is 1 yr for a referral if you are under 35 and 6 months if you are over 35.

They can check your tubes (HSG), do an ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok, etc. There is more than can look at than bloods and your husband's semen.

You're 34 and want a baby. In your shoes I would want to move things forward.

MiniH Tue 06-Sep-11 20:24:53

I agree with eurochick but would also try and get a handle on when you ovulate as if you are missing days of swi you are reducing your chances. Yes, it can be obsessive if youre not careful but apart from checking tubes, if you are ovulating next step is assisted which is a big step so would personally want to exhaust every other avenue. Is a personal choice obviously though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now