Talk

Advanced search

TTC#2 - just come off mini pill

(4 Posts)
ollie2 Mon 05-Sep-11 09:02:44

Hi there. Just wondered if there are any of you out there who can tell me how long it took you to concieve after stopping the mini pill. I know the guide lines are about 6 months to let your body get back into regular cycles but i wondered if there are any lucky ones out there who caught sooner??

pommedechocolat Mon 05-Sep-11 09:08:18

I came off cerazette to tic dd. I had one period after 5 weeks and then 3.5 weeks later had a bfp. I too had heard horror stories about tic post mini pill so was very surprised.

louloubellamozzarella Mon 05-Sep-11 12:50:25

Hi olllie. Not had a BFP yet (this month hopefully smile ) but I came off Cerazette too at the start of July.

My first AF started a week ago - so it took six weeks-ish for my cycle to start again. Did have a withdrawal bleed a couple of weeks after stopping the pill but v light and only lasted a couple of days so definitely wasn't AF. I'm going to start using ov sticks from today to see where I am with oving - and for reassurance that things are back to normal. Fingers crossed they are as Iwas a bit dismayed when I started reading into stories about coming off Cerazette. I'm TTC #1 and naively thought that it'd be a case of stopping the pill and getting preggers soon after - obviously not the case at all confused.

Good luck anyway! Is this #1 for you?

ollie2 Mon 05-Sep-11 13:31:16

Thanks for the reply both. This will be #2. Have a little one who is ten months old and we wanted them to be quite close in age if possible. I have come off Micronor which i have read isnt as efficient as Cerazette anyway for some reason. Caught for #1 in about 2 months but i know this has no effect on how long at can take to conceive again.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you louloubella smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now