Talk

Advanced search

TTC after mirena - when does cycle return to normal ?

(9 Posts)
shavmcv Fri 02-Sep-11 22:27:45

Had mirena in for 6 years (I'm on my second) and haven't had a real period for about 5.5 years (had a few days of spotting here and there) and I am going to get it removed within the next 4-6 weeks . Just can't decided exactly when to get it removed because I want to know what day of my cycle I will b on once it's removed , as at the moment I have no cycle .

Anyone any experiences of conception after having no periods with mirena ?

shavmcv Fri 02-Sep-11 22:56:55

A

shavmcv Fri 02-Sep-11 23:23:33

Bump

shavmcv Sun 04-Sep-11 11:18:05

Bump

wombatinwaiting Sun 04-Sep-11 12:54:14

Hi shav - although I didn't have no periods with Mirena and therefore can't help you with dating your cycle, they were very, very light. From memory, they returned to normal within one month and I was pg within 4 months (sadly an mc, then an mmc - don't think this has anything at all to do with the Mirena though - but good news is I'm now 28 weeks pg!) Good luck with it all!

shavmcv Wed 07-Sep-11 00:19:09

Aw congratulations I hope everything goes well for u !!

Tbh I'm just giving myself too much to think about I should just get the mirena out and c what happens !! I'm just so scared to go back to having periods again they were soooooo bad !! I mean vomiting and fainting bad !! sad lol

Sn0wGoose Wed 07-Sep-11 09:11:57

Oh Sham, mine are like, it's really awful isn't it?? (sorry, nothing constructive to add, just that you're not alone!!)

shavmcv Wed 07-Sep-11 16:08:39

I know so I haven't had a period for so long I think I will get such a shock to go back to that so I am hoping to have as little periods as possible !!! Imagine if I had none I can't even describe how delighted I would be hehehe gringrin

cowboylover Sat 10-Sep-11 18:07:08

I had mine out and didn't have a period but was pregnant with my DD 6 weeks later so didn't make any difference.

Was a funny conversation to have with my MW in September 2010 that my last period was 2002 as I had 2 coils in a row!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now