Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else never really Notice any CM?

(13 Posts)
highlove Fri 02-Sep-11 11:41:59

hi, a quick question. Sorry if it's a bit TMI. I very rarely really notice any CM. Well, that is I never seem to see any egg white CM; plenty of 'other' types but none of the fertile EWCM stuff. Even if I, ahem, hunt for it. Have been taking 1500mg tabs of evening primrose oil for a few months but not noticing any real difference.

BTW, I ovulate irregularly but even on those times when my CBFM shows I actually have I don't notice any. (and since I get period a consistent 12/13 days after CBFM says I've ov'd I think it is accurate)

I'm due to start Clomid if I've not got pg this cycle and now worried this is going to cause ANOTHER problem that stops it happening for us.

Would appreciate any thoughts x x

WishingIWasLucky Fri 02-Sep-11 11:51:39

Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It is an indispensable source of info. Never really managed to plough my way through it, but it is very detailed, in terms of tracking ovulation. CM is one factor. There is temp taking, and feeling position of cervix. Good luck :-)

WishingIWasLucky Fri 02-Sep-11 11:54:22

Also clomid should be prescribed and taken alongside medical monitoring to see how your body responds to it. It should never be given or taken blindly. It is a powerful drug. Not everybody reacts in the same way. Through monitoring doses can be increased/reduced or even stopped if it is not doing it's job or has an adverse affect to you. HTH

highlove Fri 02-Sep-11 12:26:18

Thanks for your messages. I've read that book which was useful but am more concerned about the implications of not having ewcm than using it to track Ov. And am worried Clomid will make it worse. I'm being prescribed it by my consultant so will be tracked, though not sure if/how this is tracked.

Anyone else had this and advice on possible solutions?

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 02-Sep-11 18:13:44

Definitely tmi so warning...I really, really have to hunt for mine...I reach up to my cervix, use my index and middle finger and effectively cross them over my cervix. When I pull them out and then pull them apart I can tell what cm it is!
From what I've read it's not a disaster to not find ewcm. Other women have posted that it hasn't stopped them conceiving. Hth.

Biscuitsandtea Fri 02-Sep-11 21:44:57

Hi, I've never had any ewcm to speak of - I always felt a bit perplexed by not having it - sort of left out. HOWEVER, and here is the good bit, I have still managed to get pg smile.

The first time and second time quite quickly too (although first ended in m/c). This time took longer (19 mths) but we got there in the end and no egg whites were harmed in the making of our baby (iyswim!) I think the delay this time may have been to do with dh's sperm rather than anything else.

I don't know much about it and never tried it, but you could look into Preseed? As i understand it the ewcm is supposed to help the swimmers on their way. Most lubricants are not kind to sperm, but Preseed is supposed to be more like EWCM or something.

As I say, I am no expert and have never tried it but maybe someone else will be along who knows a bit more about it?

Good luck anyway smile

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 02-Sep-11 22:09:29

Ah biscuits it was you I was thinking of!! Knew someone I'd talked to on MN had got upduffed without ewcm smile hope you are blossoming.

Biscuitsandtea Sat 03-Sep-11 02:41:35

I'm certainly expanding! wink and only 10-11 weeks - eek! V lucky I don't have to go to work to get caught out by eagle eyed colleagues as not sure I'd get away with it for another 2 weeks before my scan confused.

Hope you're doing ok too Have smile xx

WishingIWasLucky Sat 03-Sep-11 08:34:38

Congratulations Biscuits! That gives us dry ladies some hope then! wink

highlove Sat 03-Sep-11 08:50:29

Thanks ladies, and massive congrats biscuits and have a little faith. I will look into the preseed when I start Clomid but good to hear it hasn't stopped other people. Best of luck with your pgs.

Missgiraffe1 Sat 03-Sep-11 15:47:06

Highlove just thought I'd chip in for added reassurance. I have always wondered about this mythical EWCM (mythical to me, as I have never noticed it, despite searching - quite thoroughly the past 2 months blush - around the time you're meant to have it.) But I have conceived 4 times (unfortunately, 1 MC and 1 ectopic, but - as far as I am aware anyway -the CM would have had no effect whatsoever on the outcomes of those PGs)

Don't think it could do any harm to try Preseed though.

Good luck!

MeconiumHappens Sun 04-Sep-11 18:51:18

Hi, i also hardly ever see anything eggwhitey, and got pregnant this month. First month using preseed, so maybe thats worth a go especially as clomid can affect cm. Good luck xx

highlove Mon 05-Sep-11 22:02:53

Thanks giraffe and meconium, am feeling much more reassured. Just want to get started with the Clomid now.

Good luck meconium with your pg.

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now