Talk

Advanced search

Tell- Tell OV-ing signs!

(6 Posts)
Mama5isalive Wed 31-Aug-11 20:20:58

have not done much research have tried a ov-ing calculator and i missed out! so as another month is coming i just wanted to see if i can notice the signs that the Ov-ing bus had left the bus stop, so i can then go to SWi avenue to then BFP lane!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing - nothing is TMI!!!!!!!!

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 31-Aug-11 20:55:01

The best approach is three times a week every week in your cycle. Timing ovulation makes it seem like a chore.this book is marvellous. Helps you recognise the signs. Main things to be aware of is the cm...it gets watery and then you should see egg white cm at your most fertile. If you cool with it, you can check your cervix position and feel too! High and soft when fertile. The book explains better than me!!

hairylights Thu 01-Sep-11 07:30:40

Hi. I get very clear ov signs ... Pain on one side, spots on one side of face. lots of egg White cervical mucus. I have used a clear blue monitor with great success.

kat2504 Thu 01-Sep-11 08:24:48

If you are waiting for ovulation to happen before having sex you are leaving it too late. You need to have the swimmers waiting up there before ovulation happens. conceptions rarely occur as a result of sex after the "bus has already left the stop".
The cervical mucus is a good indicator of your fertile period. Once you have ovulated and are no longer fertile, it very rapidly dries back up again. The book mentioned above will give you more info, but I also agree that regular sex is the way forward, then you don't have to worry about missing the right time. 3 times after the end of your period will give you the best possible chance. Even with this method, even if you have sex on the day before ovulation which is the prime swi time, you only have a 25% chance of conceiving. That's why it takes many people several months or longer.
If you want to know when you are ovulating you could get some cheap ovulation tests off the internet (Amazon, Ebay, Home Health all sell them) and try using those for a few months. If you have lotsa cash, clearblue monitor will tell you when you are fertile too.

Mama5isalive Fri 02-Sep-11 11:31:07

Kat2504 - i like your advice, yes i was suppose to mention how important the fertile days are and that im just going to try and do the deed every other day, was suppose to start last nite but awful migraine stopped that throwing up- was a turn off!
Thanks for all the advice.

Mama5isalive Wed 14-Sep-11 17:46:52

ok just the waiting game now - every other day was my goal and that worked with us well!

waiting and watching out -not long now!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now