Talk

Advanced search

to start TTC ...

(23 Posts)
Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:26:39

when my DD is now 9 months. I am due back at work in 3 months. I would like a summer baby (!). It took 10 (loooooong) months (each failed attempt being v disheartening) to conceive DD. I'd like to start TTC now til Xmas and if no joy put it on hold until Sept '12. Chances are it won't happen anyway.

Ideally I would wait til next Sept but the thought of being back at work for that long makes me want to expedite. Am only going back for the mat leave.

I have one friend with a 2 year gap between her boys and her life seems "hectic" to say the least.

Should I ttc / wait?

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 31-Aug-11 15:29:55

What you need to do, OP, is buy yourself a lovely dress that fits you right now and plan an event to wear it at. Almost guaranteed, you will be pregnant by then and it won't fit... and you'll be delighted. Murphy's Law, I think it is.

If you'll be happy whenever it happens then start when you want. Good luck! smile

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 15:32:45

Start trying. You never know how long it may take. Or what the future might hold - just do it!

BaronessOrczy Wed 31-Aug-11 15:33:12

Literally grin

<<sniggers at self>>

cjbartlett Wed 31-Aug-11 15:35:28

Well I'd wait until you go back to work
It might not be as bad as you think
You might appreciate the change of scene

Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:35:49

LMAO at Baroness... Lying has a good point too. Last time I tried for 9 months and nothing so decided to switch jobs. A few days after resigning and surprise surprise...!

Also I'm a cheapskate and Boots has 2 for 1 on ovulation kits blush

Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:37:07

Think I would CJ but I have a new boss and she is a misery to be around. Very hard work indeed. BUT I did buy a whole new work wardrobe while on mat leave which would not be used much if I actually were to get pregnant pre Xmas...

comedaygoday Wed 31-Aug-11 15:44:12

Angel. Good Luck whatever you decide, but don't assume it'll take.as long to conceive DC 2. It took me over a year TTC to get pregnant with DS1, but only 4 months with DS2 and I got pregnant first month of trying with this pregnancy.

Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 15:47:15

Thanks Comeda - that makes me feel much better, and congratulations. After last time at points I had started to convince myself it would never happen.

Birdsgottafly Wed 31-Aug-11 15:50:30

I don't want to be a voice of doom, but waited to try again and unfortunately had mis-carriages, it resulted in a ten yera gap. You don't know what the future holds, if you both really want another, go for it.

I ended up with a nearly two year gap, with my next two, and it was busy, but time passes so quickly, and it was easier to sort childcare with them being at school and school nursery together.

mummymccar Wed 31-Aug-11 15:56:38

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Ha! Worked for me! Doctors saying we'd need IVF until I bought myself an expensive, figure hugging dress - the next month we saw a faint pink line.

mummymccar Wed 31-Aug-11 15:57:06

PS Good luck OP!

Angel786 Wed 31-Aug-11 19:18:24

thanks mummym.

Birds - sorry to hear that. You really don't know what the future holds. I am 32 now and would like another pre 35 so makes sense to start TTC rather than wait.

TryLikingClarity Wed 31-Aug-11 19:31:51

There have been several recent threads in the 'Parenting' section of MN about families with close age gaps. Yes, I'd imagine it'd be quite hectic, but a blessing too.

If you and DP think another baby would be the best thing for your family then start ttc now smile

Angel786 Thu 01-Sep-11 09:35:45

Thanks TLC - I'll take a look. Have read a couple on the perfect age gap (if such thing exists) [sceptical]!

Angel786 Thu 01-Sep-11 09:35:59

or hmm even!

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Thu 01-Sep-11 09:49:03

We decided to "go for it" after having all sorts of trouble conceiving dc1 - dc2 is 12 months younger than dc1!

Having said that I'd still do it again - go for it!

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 09:56:18

Yabu, this is not an aibu. Better off trying the conception topic.

OracleInaCoracle Thu 01-Sep-11 09:56:19

Yabu, this is not an aibu. Better off trying the conception topic.

IndigoBell Thu 01-Sep-11 10:00:12

18 months isn't a small gap!

But YABU to try and have a summer baby. Being a summer baby is the worse for school. So ideally you want your baby born in Sep - Dec......

Angel786 Thu 01-Sep-11 12:52:14

Sorry LL blush. I have ordered my ov test kits so fingers x'd. I was born in July and q like summer for birthdays as good for outdoor parties etc although I see your point if out of term time!

TryLikingClarity Thu 01-Sep-11 13:47:58

OP - myself and DH are holding off ttc2 (DS is 18 months) until after Christmas.

Is funny that you're going to be trying until then. Wishing you (and myself) all the best! smile

Angel786 Thu 01-Sep-11 15:51:14

Good luck TLC, if am not pg by Xmas will take a break and try again after 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now