Talk

Advanced search

BBT thermometer - any recommendations?

(4 Posts)
ladygagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 14:56:11

Hi
New to all this TTC malarky and while I could read masses of ttc forums/ texts/ websites I just know that MNetters will have already done all that and discarded most of it.
Please please please can you advise me on where & what type of thermometer to get and any other essential ttc paraphernalia before I go a bit barmy with all the information overload.
Thanks smile

Truffkin Wed 31-Aug-11 15:01:57

Of course you will know you don't need to temp / chart etc to TTC wink I bought the Boots fertility starter kit for charting (about £15 in a purple box) and used that thermometer. Took us a while but I'm now 29 weeks pregnant and charting definitely gave me a feeling of increased control. I'd recommend Fertility Friend as a good website for recording your info (great for comparing different cycles and finding patterns to predict your ovulation date) and also the charters anonymous thread if it is still going. I got some great insight from the lovely ladies in there.

Sorry for waffling for so long, I'm a big fan of cgartin (could you guess?!) and Good Luck!

ladygagoo Wed 31-Aug-11 16:06:15

thanks Truffkin

see - I knew you would have a good idea (and congrats on your pg)

Discolite Thu 01-Sep-11 12:31:26

I bought mine from Amazon www.amazon.co.uk/Centigrade-Professional-Ovulation-Thermometer-fertility/dp/B002VF5MGO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1314876426&sr=8-7.

I've used it for three cycles now and it works just fine! They email you a chart you can print out too, but I've mostly gone over to using the Fertility Friend android app as I don't have to get out of bed to record my result. Even though it is really cheap it does retain the reading when you turn it off so you can record the result later (you do have to be quick though, it only shows for a couple of seconds).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now