Talk

Advanced search

Calling all mothers of one or more girls.

(46 Posts)
starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:35:28

Please would you humour me and be very kind and answer a few questions for me?

I am thinking of starting to try and conceive dc3 as of next September. This will most probably be my last dc as can't see myself as a mother of 4 and would really like to get back into work full time at some point.

I have two ds's and with this attempt would love a girl. I would also love another boy I hasten to add but if I could tip the odds towards a girl then I would.

So there are a few factors that such as timing of conception which have been linked to the sex of your baby. But i have now read that this isn't really relivent as male and female sperm infact live the same amount of time and swim at the same speed in flow. It is more to do with other factors such as the ph levels of the lady and sperm count of the man. Can you please let me know how many of the factors below read true to you at time of conception.

Please humour me and please be honest and answer as many as possible if not too personal. I am truely curiuos. smile

1.DP boxer/briefs plus does he have hot bath/showers?
2.Did you drink diet drinks often or eat food with aspartame in it?
3.Are you of a low weight/average/slightly overweight but on a diet?
4.Did/do you skip breakfast?
5.Did/do you drink allot of milk or eat high calcium food?
6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice equivalent?
7. Did/do you have a low salt diet?
8. Did/do you often eat bananas?
9. Did/do you eat much red meat?
10. Did/do you eat a diet that is quite acidic?
11.Very personal I know do you think you orgasmed when you concieved your DD/s as this is ment to change the ph levels of your VJ, making it more favourable environment for male sperm.

Ok those are my seemingly loopy questions. grin

I know people will say it's a 50/50 chance. But flipping a coin has a 50/50 chance of the outcome...

but there are factors that could sway to one out come over the other.
Such as is the coin being head or tails up when it's flipped, how many rotations does it do in the air, is it stoped mid air or allowed to drop to the floor etc. etc.

pommedechocolat Wed 31-Aug-11 10:47:53

I have one dd (currently pg so may have two!)

1 - jockey shorts and yes
2,3,4 - no
5 - At the time ate yoghurt for breakfast every day
6,7, 8 - no
9 - no, was not veggie but often had veggie option iyswim
10 - umm, don't think so
11 - we dtd twice in the fertile window and I did once and didn't the other so who knows!!

izzybizzybuzzybees Wed 31-Aug-11 10:49:09

Random questions but im bored so here goes!

Boxers, always hot showers

Only ever drink diet drinks.

Was a bit overweight but trying to lose it when we were ttc

Never have breakfast

Less than most i think as i have no tea/coffee

6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice equivalent?
Nope

No
Not really, maybe 1/2 a week at most

Not lots

I'm not sure really
]
11.Very personal I know do you think you orgasmed when you concieved your DD/s as this is ment to change the ph levels of your VJ, making it more favourable environment for male sperm.
I always come before we have sex and on the odd occasion i dont i always come after!

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 10:56:19

Well it'll start but answer for conception for my boys.

1. boxers = favourable for boys
2. No = favourable for boys
3. ds1 low weight ds2 average but trying to loose ds1 baby weight= favourable for girls
4. ds1 yes, ds2 no = boy/girl
5. drank milk only in tea really but ate cheese fairly often as veggie so not that high in calcium = favourable for boy
6.no
7. high salt love salt on everything = favourable for boy
8. Yes always have bananas in the house = favourable for boy
9. No veggie = favourable for girl
10. not really quite a bland diet at both conceptions = favourable for boy
11. can't honestly remember.... it was obviously that good lol = who knows...

festiemum Wed 31-Aug-11 10:57:34

Hi, I have 2 daughters and one son, and don't think I did anything different for any of them, but, here goes anyway!

Boxers. Yes, to hot showers
Yes - Diet drinks
Was average having been on a diet with both
Never
Not really
No
Not particularly
About one a day I think
No, hardly ate any then
Don't think so.
Afterwards both times!

Hope this helps in some way. Good luck with conceiving a DD! xx

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 11:10:06

Perfect girl answers should be.

1 briefs and hot showers
2 yes to diets drinks (lower your ph levels allot so good environment for girl swimmers)
3 lower weight or dieting women conceive more girls
4 women with lower glucose levels conceive girls (normaly breakfast skippers)
5 High calcium levels in women that conceive girls
6 Berries good for changing ph levels to concieve a girl.
7.low salt levels in women that conceive girls/high for boys
8. not eatting potasium is favourable for girls, lots of potasium is favourable for boys
9. Low red meat diet lower testosterone favourable for a girl
10. High acidic diet chances you ph levels making it more acidic which kills of the male sperm
11, NO for a girl yes for a Boy

Basically the more acidic your VJ is the better the environment for girl swimmers and visa versa for boys. Low salt and potassium and dh with hot balls and no orgasms on your part.

Thanks for the answers so far

ComeWhineWithMe Wed 31-Aug-11 11:13:48

I have one ds and have had 6 dd's.

Boxers and hot baths
No
Average weight
Yes
No
6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice
equivalent?
I did he dosen't
Yes
Couple a week
Yes
Yes
Yes with girls no with ds blush

banjaxedfilly Wed 31-Aug-11 11:26:05

1. Boxers, hot baths and showers daily. freak.

2. Preconception 3-4 sugar free red bull daily.

3. Slightly below weight.

4.Never been a breakfast kinda girl.

5. Never been a dairy kinda girl.

6. No.

7. No

8. No.

9. Yes, far too much of it really.

10. No.

11. Can't remember, sorry.

Good luck!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 31-Aug-11 11:29:34

1.DP /briefs , he has showers not sure how hot
2. addicted to diet coke so loads of aspartemene
3. when I conceived I was average weight.
4. no
5. no
6.no
7. not intentianlly, but I dont add salt
8. no
9. no
10. dont think so
11. yes.

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 12:22:59

Thank all for answering so far. At the end of the day i'll tally up the results and see if there are any trends at all.

ComeWhineWithMe Wed 31-Aug-11 15:35:01

Bump

dottyaboutstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 16:37:35

Briefs and hot showers

Yes, diet coke/diet lemonade etc

When I had girls, I was v overweight, not on a diet, when I had boys, I was slim and watched what I ate

Never

Yes

No

Fairly low, yes

No

No

Not especially

Yes - and with the boys

I had 3 girls and then 3 boys and the only difference whatsoever was that I was obese when I conceived the girls and a regular weight when I conceived the boys. There seems no logic to it other than chance!

truthisinthewine Wed 31-Aug-11 16:53:50

I have 2 DDs and am pregnant with a third. DD3 has a different father to the first two so where appropriate I will answer for both.

Both wore boxers and had normal temp baths, DD1 + 2 dad is a chef though so works in very hot temperatures.

Never diet drinks, very rarely drinks with aspartame in.

I have a fairly small build, BMI was 19 when I got pregnant with DD3

I very rarely eat breakfast.

Never drink milk and probably don't have a lot of high calcium food either.

Not really, at some but not lots.

Probably, never add salt to meals so only what is already in them.

Very rarely.

Maybe once or twice a week.

No, but I think my natural pH is quite acidic as I have been know to bleach balck underwear.

Middle DD I probably did, not for DD1 or DD3 though.

iskra Wed 31-Aug-11 17:02:16

I'm pregnant with my second daughter.

Wears boxers, has hot baths & showers.

No.

Low to average weight.

Never.

No.

Nope.

Not really.

Occasionally.

Around the time of conception, probably not.

Don't think so.

No for DD1, yes for DD2.

Jeezimacasalinga Wed 31-Aug-11 17:13:18

Have one DD, one DS and currently pregnant with another DD. BTW I have to say I don't think I did anything different for any of these pregnancies but I can understand how you'd want to try to push the odds a bit if you can....good luck!

Boxers, hot showers but NEVER has baths

No never

My pre-preg weight for all 3 was around 8.5 stone and I'm just over 5 4 so low end of normal I suppose. Never been on a diet

I never eat breakfast, just 2 cups of coffee

No

No

Not particularly no

Sometimes but not very regularly

Yes a few times per week

Um I don't know - eat pretty healthily, plenty of fruit and veg, downfall are crisps and sweets, not a big chocolate eater

Can't remember for first DD or DS, yes this time

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 19:35:23

bump

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 19:44:30

1 briefs and boxers and defo hot showers

2 no, never I drink water only

3 I was size 8/10 for dd 1 but that's underweight for me, with this one I was size 14 which is very slightly overweight

4 yes I usually skip breakfast

5 not milk but eat loads and loads of cheese

6 no berries or juice really

7 I would say I have quite a high salt diet

8 I don't like bananas

9 no red meat, chicken only

10 hmm, not sure, whats high in acid?

11 I don't think I did for either tbh grin I usually need more than just sex for that to happen wink tmi I know

MrsRhettButler Wed 31-Aug-11 19:45:55

I forgot to say that I was dieting when I conceived this one so was a size 14 but was dieting

mathanxiety Wed 31-Aug-11 19:48:57

From the very detailed nature of your questions I think you are very serious about trying to have a girl this time. All I can say is I hope if this is the case that you will not let your disappointment show too much if you end up with a boy.

debka Wed 31-Aug-11 19:58:34

I have 2 lovely girls.

1.DP boxer/briefs plus does he have hot bath/showers?- briefs and coolish showers

2.Did you drink diet drinks often or eat food with aspartame in it?- not at all ever

3.Are you of a low weight/average/slightly overweight but on a diet?- very overweight blush

4.Did/do you skip breakfast?- never (see above!)

5.Did/do you drink allot of milk or eat high calcium food?- yes lots of milk

6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice equivalent?- no

7. Did/do you have a low salt diet?- not deliberately but I don't eat much processed/fast food

8. Did/do you often eat bananas?- never (yuk)

9. Did/do you eat much red meat?- not much no

10. Did/do you eat a diet that is quite acidic? no idea

11.Very personal I know do you think you orgasmed when you concieved your DD/s as this is ment to change the ph levels of your VJ, making it more favourable environment for male sperm.- DD1 yes I think DD2 no

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 21:48:55

manthanxiety- let my disapoinment show to whom?

If truth be told I would have quite liked to have been told that ds2 was a girl at my 20 week scan grin. Obviously that didn't happen and I got over it pretty quickly and was really excited about having another boy and another healthy baby. I didn't do anything to sway the odds just fell pregnant the first cycle I stopped breastfeeding ds1 at 13m. My boys get on really well, they also annoy the heck out of each other but wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't feel guilty having a preference for my next child and know it's really not in my control and my odds are pretty much 50/50 (but still may to try sway the odds to 70/30) and what will be will be. If i thought that the disappointment would be too great I wouldn't be foolish enough to have another child. After all I'm ultimately trying for another baby not a girl. I would just like for it to be a girl if there was an option.

Some people have a preference to the sex of child they would like to conceive, especially if they have more than one sex and some just don't. Different strokes for different folkes. I don't see it as being a problem and don't love my boys any less because they aren't girls I would just like to parent a girl, one because I think I'd be pretty good at it, and most importantly two because 70/30 girls to boys clothes ratio in shops is taunting me! lol

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 21:53:42

Thank you so much everyone so far. May just leave the thread running for another day to see if I get anymore answers, before sorting through answers thanks again!

It's really proving very interesting!

ticklebumpkin Wed 31-Aug-11 21:54:37

Hi there!!! Two girls here so I'll do my best:

1.DP boxer/briefs plus does he have hot bath/showers? Boxers, tightish ones though. Hottish showers, not as hot as I have them though. No baths really.

2.Did you drink diet drinks often or eat food with aspartame in? Diet coke, nothing else really. Not copious amounts.

3.Are you of a low weight/average/slightly overweight but on a diet? BMI of 23 when I conceived my first DD. BMI of 26 when I conceived my second - BUT I had gone on a very restrictive diet about two weeks before.

4.Did/do you skip breakfast? No, but I wasn't eating fortified breakfast cereal when I conceived them and I've heard this can increase your chance of having boys.

5.Did/do you drink allot of milk or eat high calcium food? No.

6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice equivalent? No.

7. Did/do you have a low salt diet? No.

8. Did/do you often eat bananas? Never.

9. Did/do you eat much red meat? Not much.

10. Did/do you eat a diet that is quite acidic? Not really.

11.Very personal I know do you think you orgasmed when you concieved your DD/s as this is ment to change the ph levels of your VJ, making it more favourable environment for male sperm. I have no idea!!!

Good luck with it all smile

starsandstripes Wed 31-Aug-11 21:55:53

more than one *of a sex

Carrotsandcelery Wed 31-Aug-11 22:01:13

1.DP boxer/briefs plus does he have hot bath/showers? Boxers, cool baths and showers

2.Did you drink diet drinks often or eat food with aspartame in it? Usually drank diet drinks

3.Are you of a low weight/average/slightly overweight but on a diet? At the time I carried extra weight and was constantly trying to shift it.

4.Did/do you skip breakfast? No

5.Did/do you drink allot of milk or eat high calcium food? Lots of calcium high foods

6.Did.do eat allot of cranberries, strawberries, raspberries or drink the juice equivalent? No

7. Did/do you have a low salt diet? No

8. Did/do you often eat bananas? Yes

9. Did/do you eat much red meat? Am a vegetarian

10. Did/do you eat a diet that is quite acidic? Wouldn't have thought so

11.Very personal I know do you think you orgasmed - No

FWIW I also have a ds - I was much thinner by the time I had him and ate less calcium high foods and fewer bananas and more strawberries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now