Talk

Advanced search

period-like cramps. period due in 2 days.. bfp or a fluke?!

(11 Posts)
mythical Tue 30-Aug-11 21:54:30

So. No symptoms at all apart from light cramps today. They only started in the afternoon so i couldn't test with first morning urine. We haven't really been trying this past few months so i have been smoking and not taking my folic acid confused

so i tested this evening. and i got a very definite line on a very cheap ebay test. my husband is still skeptical as he doesn't do this whole ttc thing so he doesn't know that any line is good. he thinks it's got to be the same colour and we should wait. It's just not sinking in for me either.

i was not expecting this. i'm pretty scared to be fair. what's a good time to wait untill i can break the news to family and friends if i really am pregnant?

Pipbin Tue 30-Aug-11 22:18:42

Get a 'good' test, like a Clear Blue or First Response from somewhere open 24 hours tonight and do it first thing tomorrow.

As for telling people, I'd wait a while yet. Most people wait until the 12 week scan so I understand. But I'm sure someone else out there will be able to advise you better. Not something I've had the pleasure of myself.

mythical Tue 30-Aug-11 22:24:01

i'm sorry if i came across as insensitive. i know i shouldn't anyone yet but husband doesn't really believe it yet and i feel i have no one else to talk to

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 30-Aug-11 22:35:38

I agree with pipbin, you need to test again when/after your period is due. Not to be too cynical but I got a cheapo bfp and went on to have late period (chemical pregnancy). Test again with first morning urine with a clearer test to be clear. Confide on here til you're confident!

Pipbin Tue 30-Aug-11 22:49:50

Mythical that is what we are all hear for.
I post hear because I know I'm going to get good advice from people who aren't going to get fed up with hearing about TTC. Also it's not something you really want to share with friends.

mythical Tue 30-Aug-11 23:07:44

i have a total of 7 tests all pos now. i know i have to wait until after my period before i will believe it 100%. i cannot smoke though so not sure how i will explain that tomorrow.

kat2504 Wed 31-Aug-11 08:09:47

On the day of your period, get a digital test done. Your husband may be sceptical about the colour of lines but even he will not be able to argue with the word "pregnant" on the display! Most good brands work up to 4 days early now. Yes, there are risks about early testing and chemical pregnancy, but for now you are definitely pregnant so congratulations!

mythical Wed 31-Aug-11 09:40:51

i have done a test today! thanks for all the support. it was a clearblue digital and it said pregnant 1-2. i know there still are risks but i will probably share this with my very close family soon.

Husband isn't very ttc-savvy so his reply after seeing the test was " WHAT? HOW ?? how can they know if we're having more than one so soon?!?!" grin

it's starting to sink in now, i think it will seem more real to me once my close family knows smile

Wishiwasarestaurantcritic Wed 31-Aug-11 09:47:59

Congratulations. After 12 weeks is definately a safer time, but very hard to wait that long (I always managed to get to 5 weeks and then spill the beans! ) Very well done on stopping smoking, remember seeing the placentas (used to work on maternity ward) from smokers and they looked like someone had covered them in grit..grey and horrid. However if you've stopped now that is fantastic.

kat2504 Wed 31-Aug-11 10:08:40

mythical that made me laugh! Good job you didn't show him a clearblue test with a 3+ result or he would probably have fainted!

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 31-Aug-11 18:22:31

made me laugh too!! excellent news if you've convinced a digital test - they are the trickiest smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now