Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else being/been referred recently?

(3 Posts)
cf83 Tue 30-Aug-11 12:15:27

I've just got confirmation from my doctor that I'm being referred after bloods have shown I'm not ovulating, which was kind of obvious anyway since I don't have periods. I had my last depo shot in April 2010 so I have waitied my 12 months and my cycle has't returned.

I'm just really nervous about what happens next. I'm terrified of finding out I can't have kids and I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this as none of my friends are at the same stage.

Just after some advice, hugs, support from others going through the same (also more than happy to dish out support to anyone else wanting some).

MiniH Tue 30-Aug-11 20:44:32

Not in the same boat as have been referred for other reasons but my advice would be to write a list of questions and don't be fobbed off till you get the answers. My consultant was very unhelpful and I didn't get half the answers I needed. Good luck and sorry can't be more help.

cookiemonster100 Wed 31-Aug-11 22:05:26

Hi! I have been referred as TTC 2 yrs and no joy.

My GP gave me the best advice of being well prepared for the appt. I have been keeping a journal of my cycles and I got the GP sectary to print off my file so I could take it with me so the consultant could see what tests have been done and the results. I also wrote down all my questions as I knew I would forget!
When is your first appt? I do share your feelings of being anxious of not knowing wheter having children is possible. I have good days and then I have bad days!!
Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now