Talk

Advanced search

need some advice/help about pelvic pain.....

(8 Posts)
cheekycurls Mon 29-Aug-11 11:49:09

been ttc for ages as some of u know (been on a few buses) but since about 11pm last night I started getting really sharp pains in my left and was awake most of the night taking pain killers,crying & trying to get comfortable but pain would just not go.
Still there this morning, could hardly get out of bed this morning and hurts to walk,sit or lay down!! pain is coming in waves, legs feel like jelly and ache, lower back is really achy and sore but it's the sharp stabbing pains I'm more concerned about, AF arrived early this morning but although my periods are heavy and painful every month they are nothing like this!!!
also I had a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy at the beginning of the month and this is the first AF since then.....so could be something to do with that?!
evil Dr Google has now scared me!! as it's bank holiday I'm reluctant to go hospital (I'm not one to go hospital unless a limb is hanging off!) & dr's are closed, just don't know what to do really and I'm probably over reacting, just in so much pain sad

is it worth calling nhs helpline, although I've heard they are not very good?

Pipbin Mon 29-Aug-11 11:52:54

Giving the NHS help line a call is worth a try. Even if they don't give you much advice it can't hurt to try.

Sorry I can't help.

tak1ngchances Mon 29-Aug-11 12:06:54

Hi cheeky - I had a lap and hysteroscopy end of March and my first period was a humdinger (I had endometriosis lasered off). I was in agony and it was very heavy. I do think that's quite common after surgery to the area.

Is your consultant available for a call? If not then I would ring NHS direct as Pipbin suggests.

Hope you feel better soon, have you got good strong painkillers (presription not OTC) and a hot water bottle?

cheekycurls Mon 29-Aug-11 12:27:17

I didn't have endometriosis lasered off but they did 'trim' my old cs scar and take a bit of womb lining away to be tested, maybe it's just cos it's the first AF since op but wow it's a painful one!!! shock

I have got some painkillers left from what they gave me at hospital been taking them but it's not even touching it and I do have a hot water bottle but for the life of me can't find it anywhere! grrrr

think I might keep looking for hot water bottle then put my feet up & have a lazy day with DD and call my GP in morning...

cheekycurls Mon 29-Aug-11 12:28:28

oh and I can't get hold of consultant as it's bank holiday sad
but I am due to see her on Thursday

BeamReach Mon 29-Aug-11 21:41:35

Hey... hope you are feeling better by now... but if there is a chance you might be pregnant, see a doctor/ talk to someone in healthcare, be that NHS disrect or an out of hours doctor ...

If you are not feeling better, or even if you are, there should be an out of hours GP service in your area. If you call your GP surgery, there will be a recorded message with the number to call... you might have to listen for a while to the message. You can usually talk to a doctor on the phone if you call the number ( though you have to go through a triage system first), they'll decide if they want to see you... BUT i think they will probably will want to see you if there is a chance you might be pregnant and have severe lower abdominal pain with bleeding...

Either way you should see a doctor at some point.

Pipbin Tue 30-Aug-11 21:45:09

Did you see the doctor cheeky?

cheekycurls Fri 02-Sep-11 10:12:08

yes i did, she said it was probably just due to my op and nothing to worry about it will go, and she was right went the next day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now