Talk

Advanced search

Spotting at 8dpo - not pregnant

(13 Posts)
moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 13:48:13

Ladies

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

We are not ttc (yet), and I cannot possibly be pregnant.

However, i am spotting a tiny tiny bit brown at 8 dpo.

This is not the first cycle that this happened. (It only came about post partum after my 2nd child...)

I am 37.

I always had a short LP, probably about 10 days.

I have fallen pg very easily 3 times before (lost one of them sadly at 12 weeks).

Is this 8dpo spotting a problem? A sign of low progesterone? Can this result in very early mc?

Should I buy progesterone cream? Would these creams work straight away or do you need to use them a few months before they work? Do these creams work or are they just fads?

Thanks for listening, maybe you have an answer,

Thanks

NickNacks Sun 28-Aug-11 13:51:07

What contraception are you on?

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 13:55:55

i use FAM (temping, monitoring cervical fluid), but it is impossible that I am pregnant.

gimmegimmegimme Sun 28-Aug-11 14:06:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NickNacks Sun 28-Aug-11 14:24:09

Oh i wasn't trying to suggest you might be pregnant- get getting all the information about possible hormones flying about your body grin

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 14:31:11

gimme - thanks for that info! am considering getting on the list for testing.

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 14:32:50

NickNacks - ok :-) no hormones that I'm taking...

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 28-Aug-11 16:24:05

I have that sometimes..my lp varies but say it's 13 days I long I'll get odd spotting on and off for a couple of days before af is due. I never had that before ttc when I wasn't on the pill. Generally assume my body is playing silly beggars with me but it's probably worth investigating if you find it happening a lot.

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 16:33:33

havealittlefaithbaby - haha silly beggars! smile yep that would be typical.

will ask my GP about this.

Discolite Sun 28-Aug-11 17:27:19

The two cycles previous to this one I have had spotting for the first ever time. Last cycle was a nightmare, I started spotting on and off at 5 dpo and in total, with AF it lasted two weeks! I also seemed to have a short luteal phase.

However, I started taking vitamin B6 the day after I started spotting and this cycle I ovulated 5 days earlier (on CD 17, almost average) and as of 7dpo I haven't had any spotting, so I believe (ok, as a scientist I should know better as too many other variables have changed too) that the B6 has really helped my hormone levels. It may be worth a try?

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 18:01:12

thanks discolite! -- am off to Boots.

taking vits seems a bit less drastic than self medicating with progesterone cream (without getting blood tests first)

moonwalk Sun 28-Aug-11 18:14:57

oh... what's the amount of B6 that should be taken?
(btw there's an offer at boot s :-)

Discolite Mon 29-Aug-11 00:59:11

You're welcome! I'd go to Holland and barratt not Boots though, Boots only do the RDA in their supplements (probably very sensibly) and it seems you need more of the vitamin to have an effect. I'd start with 50 mg daily and see how it goes. You do have to be careful though, apparently you can get tingling and pins and needles sensations with prolonged heavy doses but that is reversible if you stop taking it. It can also be used to treat morning sickness interestingly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now