Talk

Advanced search

tested too early

(7 Posts)
BustAMove Fri 26-Aug-11 11:54:14

Title says it all really. At great frustration at the 2ww, I have tested 4 days early with just a regular test, not a do it before period due type test. Have got a BFN. Just wanted to know from fellow v impatient people is this def, in your own experiences a BFN, or could it turn out to be a BFP in 4 days time??

Feel if the hormone is there, it's there, and if it's not there 4 days before than it's unlikely to change iykwim. AHHHHHHH, hate, hate, hate the 2ww!

themightyskim Fri 26-Aug-11 12:09:27

I tested too early - I was off for a weekend on the booze and just had a feeling, got a BFN and two weeks later when I was v late for my period thinking that I was just imagining the strange dreams and moods and weird taste was pregnancy low and behold BFP! fingers crossed for you x

kat2504 Fri 26-Aug-11 12:15:42

This happened to me once, and it was a bfp a couple of days later. Since it is not an early use test, you probably are testing too early. it all depends on the sensitivity of the test. For example, Superdrug detects 10miu of the hormone whereas Asda detects 25miu. Therefore Superdrug would probably give you an answer a day or two earlier.

There are all sorts of reasons not to test so early, but that is a thread that has been done many times. One good reason is to avoid wasting your cash though! Step away from the sticks for 4 days.

BustAMove Fri 26-Aug-11 13:04:41

Thanks for replies, I know, step away from the sticks! Waste of money. I am too impatient!

themightyskim Fri 26-Aug-11 16:38:00

its hard not to me thought isnt it when its something you really want grin

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 26-Aug-11 17:17:19

If yoy scrawl through fertility friends chart gallery (not that I've spent hours doing this!) You'll see lots of ladies do have negatives before positives. It's still early days. Sit on your hands, enjoy the weekend and test again when af is due. Good luck!

BustAMove Fri 26-Aug-11 20:53:50

Thanks so much for your responses. Has given me some hope! Also, though, means I can't have a well earned drink tomorrow night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now