Talk

Advanced search

Are periods usually back to normal once you've had one after birth? Could I be pg!?

(4 Posts)
TBJP Thu 25-Aug-11 13:49:06

Before you tell me to just do the test already, I don't want to test until the weekend as DH is away, and I'd like us to see the result together.
In the meantime, I don't want to get my hopes up too high!

DS was born 11 months ago, and I had my first period since his birth last month. I have usually been pretty regular, and so far this month, no AF. Am just a couple of days past my previous cycle length - so don't want to get too hopeful .. but am hopeful none-the-less.
I am still BFing and thinking this may be screwing with my period cycles even if I've had one?

Yes I know a test will tell me one way or the other, I just would like to know for the next two days (i.e. before dh gets home) if it's likely!
Thanks!

Esian Fri 26-Aug-11 00:19:46

Mine were different (heavier) after birth of 1st dc, but I iirc they were quite regular.
<no help at all>grin

MrsShrekTheThird Fri 26-Aug-11 00:29:35

after mine came back a day before ds1s first birthday, also whilst I was still bfing but obv he was also on solids - they were all over the place in every sense and I only returned to pre-dc cycle length after ds2 hmm
<Also no help at all> grin

TBJP Fri 26-Aug-11 13:16:41

Thanks both for the replies. So it looks like I shouldn't get my hopes up too high really still hoping hard, but not feel hopeless either! smile
We'll test tomorrow if no AF by then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now