Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of number 2 after a premmie

(7 Posts)
mrsv2 Thu 25-Aug-11 13:14:07

Nervous about trying again DD was born at 29.0 weeks, my sister had still birth at 28+5 and her DD at 34 weeks. Any suggestions help on reducing my risk as i heading towards the big 40

mrsv2 Thu 25-Aug-11 13:18:25

bad english! to help and i am heading sorry

mrsv2 Fri 26-Aug-11 08:16:15

Bump.....i was hoping for some advice please

Primafacie Fri 26-Aug-11 23:19:05

Saw your post and wanted to sympathise but I am afraid I have no advice. Maybe the Bliss boards could help? FWIW I had DD at 38 weeks then DS at 34, so it is not a given that you would have another premmie. Could you discuss with a consultant perhaps? Do they know of any factors that might have contributed to preterm birth?

Southsearocks Sat 27-Aug-11 13:55:17

Hi Mrsv2

<dusts off keyboard>

It's been a long old time since I left a post on MN but like you I am trying for number two, I'm pushing 41 and the last time I was pregnant my waters broke at 28 weeks (I was induced at 34 weeks). DS is doing very well though. I have big worries too because it was a difficult time but I figure that it is a risk worth taking. The only thing I think I can do differently is to not travel anywhere grin. Oh, and I'm convinced I need to drink more water for some reason, probably because it kept leaking out! The doctors told me there was an increased risk of PPROM in a future pregnancy but equally it could all be fine.

Have hope x

greenzebra Sat 27-Aug-11 14:20:32

southsearocks so good to see you on the boards again, I read your thread so much.

I agree its a risk worth taking you never know what is going to happen, you could carry untill 42 weeks.

Im trying again after having a still birth 36 weeks in April, there is so much that could go wrong but its a small percentage really, just go for it.

Also a good friend of mine had her DS at 27 weeks, she is now 23 with her 2nd and verything looks fine, she is scanned every week.

greenzebra Sat 27-Aug-11 14:22:01

meant she is 23 weeks. Her DS1 is 5 now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now