Talk

Advanced search

is it possible to ovulate as normal but have no actual period?

(1 Post)
madeupme Tue 23-Aug-11 18:04:43

I would like to start by saying that we wre not actually trying to TTC at this moment but this felt like the most appropriate place to ask this question.

Since I came off the pill 7 years ago my periods have been very irregular. I mean I can go months and months with nothing. When we first started thinking about ttc I became a bit of an expert about signs of ovulation, cramps, ewcm, bad skin, mood swings etc. We were amazingly, gobsmakingly amazingly actually, able to concieve as soon as we started trying so I know I do ovulate properly.

Now my periods are back to being all over the place (dd is 2 and a half so its not birth hormones messing me about) but I keep getting ovulation signs every month or so, even with a completly absent period. So is it possible to have a completely fertile cycle without having a bleed? I do have period, just not every month.

Any help or advice would be great as after all this time I would really like to know whats going on with me. Blood tests always come back normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now