Talk

Advanced search

day 3 blood tests - issue with hormone levels

(5 Posts)
thelittlefriend Tue 23-Aug-11 13:46:01

When I called for my day 3 blood test results the receptionist said the gp had put a note on my results that she needed to see me. The receptionist said that "some of the hormone tests had irregular results". Aren't all the day 3 tests for hormone levels, apart from a full blood count? Or do the tests vary depending on your gp? Just trying to work out what might have been irregular.

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 23-Aug-11 17:45:06

Yes it could be your fsh/lh levels. Did they check your testerone as well? Is try not to stress too much!

thelittlefriend Tue 23-Aug-11 20:36:10

Thanks Have, I know she did fsh / lh, progesterone, full blood count and thyroid, so may well have done testerone too. I'm surprisingly unstressed about it for me!

MiniH Tue 23-Aug-11 20:39:18

How unhelpful to tell you that but no more! Mine were hormone, blood count and rubella on day 3. Is it possible you are not immune to rubella? Really hard not to speculate but all you can really do is wait for appointment. Good luck

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 23-Aug-11 21:03:57

I think it's in the job description for go receptionists, the ability to be give info whilst being so vague that you're left totally puzzled and confused til you see the doc. Goes along with implying you're being annoying for trying to see a doctor and thinking they have the ability to diagnose the severity of your illness over the phone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now