Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

IUI over 40. Did it work for anybody?

(4 Posts)
matildawormwood Mon 22-Aug-11 11:53:07

Just about to start my third cycle of IUI. I am 42 and conceived DD through IUI at the age of 39 on second attempt. I'm sure my odds are worse now than they were then and just wondering whether to bother with a third cycle or save our money and put it towards IVF. Anybody had success with IUI after the age of 40? And also anybody had success on third attempt?

happyclapper Fri 26-Aug-11 23:07:51

Hope haven't missed you. Yes, got pregnant with 2DS ( 1st concieved naturally at 39) at 2nd IUI attempt at 43. 44 by time of arrival. Had absolutely no problems during pregnancy or delivery so big rasberry to all the doubters who thing you have to be 18 to have a good pregnancy.
Not going down the IUI route again as don't want to push my luck but DP and I both hoping for a little miracle baby at 48. Silly I know.
Lots of luck .

happyclapper Fri 26-Aug-11 23:09:06

Sorry,that should read DS2. Didn't have twins!

matildawormwood Sun 28-Aug-11 09:03:47

Thanks for your reply Happyclapper. That's really good to hear. I was starting to think I was the only crazy person over 40 who'd try this rather than going straight to IVF. I went ahead and had the IUI yesterday so fingers, legs and everything else crossed! I'm sure there's life in those eggs yet....hmm. Hope you get your little miracle too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now