Talk

Advanced search

Basal Body Temperature

(4 Posts)
desperateoldie67 Mon 22-Aug-11 08:24:50

Hi folks, don't know if anyone can shed any light on this?

I have entered my BBTs on both Fertility Friend and CountdowntoPregnancy this month. One logs them in Celsius, the other in Fahrenheit, just to make things nice and easy! However, I know that the correct temperatures have been logged on both charts.

My question is...on Fertility Friend they have set my coverline temperature at 36.16 (97.088fht). However, on CountdowntoPregnancy, they have set my coverline temperature at 97.5fht (36.38c) - quite a difference really...

Has anyone got any clues as to why this would/could happen when exactly the same temps have been entered?! I'm confused.com! confused

ducksinarow Mon 22-Aug-11 08:33:44

The coverline does not really mean much any way so I don't think it really matters, however ..... did you know that with fertility friend you can log in data with fahrenheit or celcius, you can choose, just change your personal settings! ~Might help you be a little less confused?

desperateoldie67 Mon 22-Aug-11 08:39:29

Ah, thanks ducks. I thought the coverline mattered because of temp dips at ovulation and possible implantation, but I'm new to all this, so probably confused.

Yeah, I log in celsius on FF because my thermometer only reads in celsius, which is a pain in the hole tbh!

Discolite Mon 22-Aug-11 17:28:24

I agree with Ducks, I'm not sure that the coverline matters that much really. What you are looking for are the two discrete areas of low temperatures followed by high temperatures. Fertility Friend's study www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Implantation-dip-study.html found that 11% of non-pregnant women and only 23% of pregnant women had a dip, so even if you did have a dip, as a way of determining pregnancy it is a bit dodgy.

Bear in mind that all this advice is only on the back of three months of charting knowledge so I am not an expert!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now