Talk

Advanced search

Positive pregnancy test then the line disappeared

(18 Posts)
Alisonjayjay Mon 22-Aug-11 00:49:11

I've been trying to get pregnant for a few months now. My period was due today so I took a pregnancy test which says it can be used from 3 days before your period is due. On previous tests over the last few months it has been clearly negative. You can watch a slightly pink saturation line travel along the window revealing the first line and normally it travels to the end and a second line doesn't appear within the five minutes so therefore I can see the test is negative. Today I watched the saturation line travel along the window to reveal the first line and then it travelled along to the end. I was watching the window when suddenly a very faint second line began to appear. This was almost right away! I couldn't believe it. It was much lighter than the other line but it was definitely there and stayed like that for another few minutes and then it started to fade away and after about ten minutes it had completely disappeared. When I tested positive with my first baby the pregnancy test was very clear and the second line very visible. Today when I did the test I didn't use the first morning urine but instead did the test around mid morning after I had been drinking coffee. Do you think I could be pregnant? Is it possible that a positive line could just disappear?

Solo Mon 22-Aug-11 00:51:17

I would say re test in a few days or even a week.

themightyskim Mon 22-Aug-11 00:55:23

I had that two weeks ago, I retested on Friday positive good luck x x

MrsRhettButler Mon 22-Aug-11 01:53:52

Unless the test was faulty you are pg, you can't test positive if you're not pg there needs to be a certain hormone in your wee to make the other line appear
If it were me I would retest tomorrow (because I can't possibly wait two or three days) grin

MrsRhettButler Mon 22-Aug-11 01:57:27

Unless the test was faulty you are pg, you can't test positive if you're not pg there needs to be a certain hormone in your wee to make the other line appear
If it were me I would retest tomorrow (because I can't possibly wait two or three days) grin

DizzyKipper Mon 22-Aug-11 06:24:29

Sounds like a BFP but retest tomorrow to be sure smile

kat2504 Mon 22-Aug-11 06:30:34

A postitive result usually stays positive. Were you using cheapies? I experimented with the cheapies a couple of weeks ago and I compared a sample of my then only very slightly pregnant urine, and a glass of not at all pregnant orange squash. The orange squash did a similar thing to what you describe and then left an evap line. The pregnant pee left the faintest ever pink line.

My advice is to go and get a shop test if you have been using cheapies. I recommend both Superdrug and First Response. Superdrug obviously cheaper but on the day I did the above testing, I went to Superdrug to get some real tests and I got a proper bfp that afternoon, at 11dpo.

mousebacon Mon 22-Aug-11 07:07:17

Have a look at peeonastick.com she gives some info about disappearing lines.

Good luck!

mara28 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:27:41

Hi today I tested and got faint positive pink line as thick as control line and where the test line should be in the time frame giving (clear&simple) about 10 or so mins I went to get the text to show hubby and the faint pink line had disappeared has this happened to anyone smile

mara28 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:32:21

I had the same today but I'm confused to test again tomorrow

HungryHorace Wed 16-Mar-16 19:25:40

They look a bit flooded to me. Are you putting them in your urine stream? I'd wee into a pot of some kind and dunk the test instead.

Threesquids Thu 17-Mar-16 12:48:54

Sorry hun, but those tests look flooded x

Bettyboo88 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:15:13

Mara28 I was just wondering were you actually pregnant I'm having the exact same thing on the same test ? Xx

Sarsarj Thu 12-Jan-17 16:37:15

Does this look postive

mrsbarnettsbaby Thu 12-Jan-17 22:05:48

Yes!

Sarsarj Fri 13-Jan-17 06:00:39

Thanks it just its blurred and i didnt know weather its the test or it is postive think i will test again with a different test

Sarsarj Fri 13-Jan-17 07:00:06

Did u go on to have a postive test again

Bibblewanda Fri 13-Jan-17 07:05:22

Nah that just looks flooded to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now