Talk

Advanced search

theme parks during the tww?

(9 Posts)
havealittlefaithbaby Sun 21-Aug-11 19:00:27

Would you? Have you?
We're toying with the idea of going to alton towers next weekend. I'm in the tww but doubt very much I'm upduffed. We're waiting on tests for infertility. Is it risky so early on? Or should I just go for it?!

SlightlyBabyCrazed Sun 21-Aug-11 22:11:25

Just go with it - stupid to miss out on fun, the bean isn't even attached in the 2WW so not gonna harm it even if you are. I went to alton towers in 2ww earlier this year - wasn't updiffed, but had a whale of a time - enjoy!

CleanSheetsAndSmoothLegs Sun 21-Aug-11 22:14:59

Faithbaby, you know you're being mad, right? smile

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 21-Aug-11 22:25:09

Yes I know clean esp since the likelihood of being upduffed is minimal! Just kind of wondered really...probably more mad to consider alton towers on bank holiday weekend!

kat2504 Mon 22-Aug-11 06:34:16

You can't live half your time as if you were pregnant! Do what you want and have fun, it will take some of the hideous stress out of ttc and at least if it doesn't work that month you will have had a nicer time. Have a glass of wine and some nice French cheese while you are at it!
A theme park will not harm your chances of conception. It isn't risky at all.

Bunbaker Mon 22-Aug-11 06:41:08

What kat1504 said. You can't put your life on hold in case you might be pregnant. I used to think like this and realised I was being silly. Just as well really because it took me 17 years to get pregnant.

And Alton Towers on a bank holiday - I wouldn't. You will spend more than half your time queuing for rides.

cheekycurls Mon 22-Aug-11 08:17:01

I had great fun at a theme park the other day I'm currently half way through the 2ww, when I think of what I got up to the weeks before I found out I was pregnant with DD and she's fine! it was first month off the pill and didn't even know about the 2ww!! blush
there is only 1 thing I won't do during 2ww and that's cleaning the litter tray (probably cos I hate doing it anyway and I'm using 2ww as an excuse!) grin

go and have fun! ur brave to be going on a bank holiday tho! wink

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 22-Aug-11 17:45:49

believe me, I don't put my life on hold every month. We've been ttc for 20 months! It was just a risk analysis, after all, rides say 'Don't come on this if you're pregnant'. I really just wondered...how pregnant?! So tww is probably ok.
I'm still not convinced about going on the b/h I think we'll go if the weather looks dicey smile

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 27-Aug-11 18:57:40

Going to Trafford centre instead (probably just as mad).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now