Talk

Advanced search

help

(3 Posts)
angie131 Sun 21-Aug-11 13:21:28

hoping someone can help me i ovulated 8 days ago started with a little bit of pink spotting yesterday now have mild cramping and red blood not poring like normal but there when i go to the toilet and my liner is stained pink could this be implantation bleeding and if so how long does it last before a test will come out positive ive never had this in any of my other pregnancies

duke748 Sun 21-Aug-11 13:53:29

Hi

I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

Yes, the timing could be right for implantation bleeding, 6-12 days past ovulation. I've not expereinced it so I'm not sure what it looks like, but you describe what others have described as impantation bleeding, although some say its discharge tinged with blood rather than blood, IYSWIM.

You can expect a positive pregnancy test in about a weekish (very ish!) of you are pregnant.

Alternatively it could be your period, but that would make your luteral phase (time between ovulation and your next period) quite short. The luteral phase doesn't tend to vary that much from one cycle to the next. Do you know how long it normally is? I guess if it is your period you'd know by the end of today or tomorrow morning at the very latest.

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want!

angie131 Sun 21-Aug-11 14:16:21

no idea i had a coil in for 7 years and never had periods when it came out i had normal period but last one was 6 weeks late and very heavy i flooded even with a tampon in after 2 hours severel times a day and that lasted for 3 weeks i used clearblue ovulator when it finished and got smiley face on the fri so know i ovulated between fri and sun so this would be very early as im not expecting period again until at least next saturday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now