Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clomid confusion

(3 Posts)
Myrtle80 Sun 21-Aug-11 08:25:33

Hi,

I've been TTC for 16 months, had a laparoscopy for suspected endometriosis, all clear but did have two blocked tubes which were unblocked. That was 5 months ago and even though the consultant said there's now no reason we can't conceive we haven't.

I'm now back on the waiting list to see the consultant again but I'm wondering why I haven't been offered clomid. I've read on here that some women are prescribed it even if they have regular cycles and are ovulating which is the case for me.

Is clomid something I should ask for? Feeling very desperate and depressed especially with the prospect of IVF looming.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 21-Aug-11 08:53:59

Clomid is usually prescribed if there is definate evidence that ovulation is a problem. It is of no benefit at all if ovulation is happening normally.

Re the blocked tubes, did you receive a proper explanation post op as to why these were blocked along with the findings of the lap?. You should have really been seen a week or two post op by the cons to properly discuss the findings.

Myrtle80 Sun 21-Aug-11 11:01:35

The consultant said the blockages could be down to anything, didn't really explain. I had it done privately and am now back on the NHS waiting list to see a consultant. The private doctor said our best chances were 2 months after the lap. I went back to see him just to have the stitch out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: