Talk

Advanced search

2 more days until the inevitable...

(8 Posts)
DizzyKipper Sat 20-Aug-11 08:39:43

I know I'm not pregnant this month. We only did it once at the very beginning of the fertile period and then not at all for the rest of it, so I know chances are less than slim of being upduffed this month. Don't feel upset, or angry, just annoyed. And fed up. Another month wasted. Another one down the drain. And now I just have to wait for 2 more days until AF arrives, just to confirm it, and then I can get on with the expected failure the following month.
Sorry to be a bit doom and gloom, but if anyone wants to sit here wallowing with me they're more than welcome.

anon2011 Sat 20-Aug-11 12:19:00

Why is this a failure? Unless your name is Mary, you have to have sex to get pregnant. Ideally you should have sev every other day suring your fertile period. If you're not having the sex you're unlikely to get pregnant!

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 20-Aug-11 13:02:26

dizzy my lovely come join us in the hut of gl/doom. I think you'll find it an appropriate place to be and get the support you need x

BrownB Sat 20-Aug-11 17:11:45

You appear to have missed the point anon2011... Sorry Dizzy, sucks doesn't it? It sucks big time then sucks some more... Am feeling a little doom and gloom for reasons other than ttc at the moment, but remember it well. All the best and fingers crossed for you - if not this month then for one that's just around the corner.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 21-Aug-11 00:11:41

And anon sometimes not quite as simple as swi that much. After 19 months of trying (like us) you just can't bring yourself to. Bottom line is dizzy has already had a tough time ttc. She's entitled to feel disappointed that she just knows they haven't done enough this month. If you don't get that, you shouldn't be commenting on her thread.

DizzyKipper Sun 21-Aug-11 06:38:16

Thanks Brownb and faithbaby, glad that there are people who understand. I'm trying not to pay too much attention to how down I feel (which has been going on for a while) - but it's hard not to notice these feelings. Will give the thread a look faithbaby, but I find threads very difficult to keep up with these days.

anon that's a horribly harsh response. Can you not tell from dizzy's post that she's obviously been going through this for a while? Have you had trouble ttc? I know it's not a competition, but if you haven't, it's really difficult to understand the feelings it involves and the pain and disappointment and how you feel like a failure.
dizzy I don't know your history, but all my sympathy to you. It fucking sucks, doesn't it. Life gets in the way of the SWI period, or you just "know" you're not going to get pg so it's hard to find the will to do it, or last month's disappointment (and the month before, and the the month before, repeat ad infinitum) has you thinking "what's the bloody point?"- I completely understand. (42 cycles I went through with not a hint of a BFP. Again though, I'm not making it a competition, just trying to let you know that I completely get what you're saying).
If you want to talk, I would be happy to have you pm me whenever you like, especially as you say you can't keep up with threads (I wish I'd known MN had those threads when I was ttc all that time). I don't know if I'd be able to help much as obviously I know a lot about why I had trouble ttc, and the treatments I had, but my experience beyond that is limited; I know all about the feelings you have on that journey though, and I will listen to you.
All good thoughts (un-MN xx to you smile)

AstroNess Sun 21-Aug-11 09:47:26

Dizzy, I'm pretty much in exactly the same place as you this month. I knew we hadn't done it anywhere near enough (just too knackered really) and AF is properly due today.

I'm just trying to keep positive. Get AF out of the way and I'm determined not to let another month slide by without properly trying. Otherwise the whole 2WW gets you down I think. Knowing you're 'normal' and not preggo is rubbish.

On the positive side, we have a few weeks of wine, choc and endless cups of tea to enjoy...

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now