Talk

Advanced search

ovation testing kits, which one?

(6 Posts)
newbielisa Fri 19-Aug-11 22:01:18

Would you mind sharing your experiences of ovulation testing kits, good or bad. Have used one ages ago, spit on a slide and look for a fern shape. Are they all the same principle? Thanks in advance

newbielisa Fri 19-Aug-11 22:04:03

Oh my god. Mistake in the title. I hate this phone. How dare it try to edit me! Ovulation testing kit.

pinkapples Fri 19-Aug-11 22:35:28

I've been using the wee on a stick nhs ones from the hospital... Have used clearblue though and have just ordered an ovatel saliva one. I have been ttc for 10 months and have not ovulated at all once (6x Clomid and have had ovarian drilling) my first month ttc I got positive ovulation test (I didn't ovulate) then nothing since. This month will be my first cycle after my drilling surgery so was feeling positive but negative ovulation tests so far and am now CD16.

Have heard that you can ovulate when you get negative ov tests so fingers crossed for me and good luck for you x

newbielisa Sat 20-Aug-11 00:08:51

Thanks pinkapples for that good to know. p.s what does cd stand for?

pinkapples Sat 20-Aug-11 07:34:38

CD is cycle day so by general standards I shoul have ovulated the week just gone bur negative opk every day so fingers crossed it just didn't pick it up x

kat2504 Sun 21-Aug-11 08:14:23

The pee on a stick variety are nice and simple to use and probably easier than examining saliva on a microscope. The digital ones with smiley faces are easiest to interpret but much more expensive.
I just went on the Home Health website and ordered 100 of the cheapo dipstick tests. Amazon and Ebay also sell the same cheapies.
They are helpful if you have been ttc for a while and you want to pinpoint the right time. If you are just starting out I think it is unnecessary stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now