Talk

Advanced search

What are sharp, period-like pains around CD20?

(12 Posts)
TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 20:26:20

We're ttc #2 after a long old haul getting pg wish DD. I have PCOS but my periods have regulated. I've no idea if I'm ovulating so am thinking of temping from the beginning of my next cycle.

Anyway, last night before bed I was really uncomfortable with sharp, low-down period-like pains which got gradually worse for about half an hour but had gone when I woke up.

What might be the cause of this at this point in my cycle? I noticed some 'twinges' last month too, but never having been this regular, I don't know what signs to look for.

TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 20:28:44

Oh, and which ttc thread is for me?!

billgrangersrisotto Fri 19-Aug-11 20:33:40

How long is your cycle? Could they be ovulation pains?

TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 20:34:43

Last month 28 days for the first time ever!

billgrangersrisotto Fri 19-Aug-11 20:38:26

Hmmmm, too late for ovulation pains then..... Not sure. Maybe it's a good (TTC) sign!

TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 20:41:41

If they were OV pains, are we too late? V rusty with the - aherm - ins and outs of ttc!

billgrangersrisotto Fri 19-Aug-11 20:43:55

If they were ovulation pains then do it right now!!!! In all seriousness, it would be too late for them to be ovulation pains if your cycle is 28 days ish. Luteal phase is usually 14 days so 8 days would be v v short.

TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 20:48:01

Must not get carried away! TBH, at the time I thought it was a bad sign. I have an awful tendency to assume I'm pg every cycle, and that these pains were not good. No bleeding though.

DaydreamDolly Fri 19-Aug-11 20:48:37

Could be implantation??! Good luck....

billgrangersrisotto Fri 19-Aug-11 20:52:33

Oooh, dolly, I didn't want to tempt fate by saying that, but i was thinkig it too! Good luck tarty!!!

TartyMcFarty Fri 19-Aug-11 21:07:24

Ok, fingers crossed, watch this space!

TartyMcFarty Fri 16-Sep-11 06:51:02

Well I had a BFN last month, then had the same sort of pain overnight, again around CD 19/20. Last month my cycle was longer again, so I'm going to assume it's OV pain. But it really is quite painful. Normal? SWI had, by the way grin Unfortunately none-too-pleasant because of the discomfort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now