Talk

Advanced search

is it possible to get pregnant if ......

(5 Posts)
taytotayto Tue 16-Aug-11 21:40:30

your cycle is 42 days long? or even longer some months??????

SaulGood Tue 16-Aug-11 21:42:30

Doesn't matter how long your cycle is in general terms, just that you're ovulating regularly and you have no other fertility issues.

If your cycle length varies by more than a couple of days each month, coupled with longer cycles in general this could be of note and it would be worth visiting a gp.

But plenty of people just have slightly longer cycles.

digitalgirl Tue 16-Aug-11 21:44:45

Yes. I'm currently pregnant after ovulating on day 31 of my cycle. If we hadn't been successful this cycle would have been 46 days long. Knowing when you ovulate helps. It's roughly 2 weeks before your period but can vary 10-16 days from woman to woman.

ecuse Tue 16-Aug-11 21:49:35

My cycle is both long and irregular. In the 7 months leading up to conception of my dd I had been having periods at 8 or 9 week intervals. Dd was conceived by happy accident on what would have apparently been a 5 week cycle directly following on from that! Obviously we were playing fast and loose with contraception blush but hadn't expected to be ovulating so 'early' (and had assumed that long/irregular cycle would mean I would struggle to conceive)

x2boys Wed 17-Aug-11 08:15:41

i have two boys i have pcos sometimes go six months without a period conceived in a few weeks with first ds and twelve months with second ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now