Talk

Advanced search

TTC#3 or more!

(27 Posts)
KinkyDorito Tue 16-Aug-11 13:20:11

So, there are threads for TTC#1 and TTC#2, but none for #3; so I thought I would find out who else is going for at least a third DC.

What's made you want a third (or more)? And, if like me, you are finally balanced financially, are you a little nervous in case you get twins?!

I've had a year that has made me reassess my priorities. I know I want more children, so I've decided to stop putting it off.

I'm currently on 2ww and symptom spotting like a loon.

KinkyDorito Tue 16-Aug-11 14:05:27

Anyone? It's lonely here...

icooksocks Tue 16-Aug-11 14:49:18

I'm ttc #4, came off the pill 5th aug so only just starting the journey. DH was desperate for a final child and the broodiness was kicking in so we've decided to go for it.

tostaky Tue 16-Aug-11 22:07:12

we will be ttc ing for #3 sometimes soon... just waiting for things to fall into places and then we will be ready to go!!!
how old are your two Dcs? blue? pink? what would u like?
i have two boys, almost 3 and 1.5 amd i think another boy would be great ( in fact im terrified of having a girl because it would be "new" like the great unknown!!!
not thinking about twins though, but that would be cool ( though exhauting)

are you still working?

Grumpygils Tue 16-Aug-11 22:16:34

We're sort of ttc #4, but it's tricky as I still have no periods from bf. I may have just ovulated, but not completely sure, so I'm now on the 2ww to see if I get a period, or might even be pg, or in fact am still infertile for now.

Good luck smile

Grumpygils Tue 16-Aug-11 22:18:04

Ooops, didn't answer your question. We always wanted 4, and although 3 are really tiring and there have been moments we've questioned the sanity of 4, overall we adore having the brood we've got and it doesn't feel quite complete or balanced without the number 4 we always intended.

KinkyDorito Sat 20-Aug-11 10:48:33

Hello all! How rude of me to start a thread then sod off to where there is no internet for 4 days... Sorry! blush

I have a DD(12) and a DS (2.8). I still work and want to continue full time, though I suspect I am a bit insane. I can't not work - we can't afford it, and part time would have some big repercussions for where I am in my job. Saying that, never say never. I would love a job that pays me what I earn now (or more grin) to work from home. Ah, if only. Need to get pg first though! It isn't the best time, but I'm worried that if I leave it, it might be more difficult. I know I want one.

How is everyone getting on? And, again, apologies for running away.

Harryan Sat 20-Aug-11 18:24:36

Hello smile we are ttc #3.

We didn't originally want more than two but after a surprise pg last year that ended in MC we realised that we'd love a 3rd and final.

We have 2 DS's aged 10 & 5. Not fussed either way what we get but have decided this time round not to find out the sex smile

I too am symptom spotting like crazy, even tested this morn and got an obvious BFN sad DH says it still might be too early to test.....AF is due next thurs.

KinkyDorito Sat 20-Aug-11 21:28:41

I replied, then MN went offline for an upgrade and ate my message. Pah! I tested today too and it was BFN. Unsurprising as it is early yet, I just got a bit excited! I really, really, really hate 2ww.

Are you certain 3 is enough? grin

KinkyDorito Sat 20-Aug-11 21:30:24

Also, I am sorry to hear about MC. I suspect I've had a couple of very early ones, but never ones I'd actually tested and got BFPs for (AF finally came, unusually late and after many symptoms) so I have no idea how hard that must be. Best of luck.

Harryan Sun 21-Aug-11 18:57:59

Oh yes ...3 is most definitely enough wink lol....Well that's what we tell DH right?!?!? wink grin

I think it's not as bad for us as we didn't know I was PG and wernt TTC at the time.

It was just a real tough year for both of us after that and then, after lots of talking/arguing realised we should add to our brood smile

Anyway, only 4 more sleeps until AF is due soooo fingers crossed and legs open grin
And good luck to everyone else!!

Bluetinkerbell Mon 22-Aug-11 16:10:58

we're trying to conceive #3...
we lost our precious DD2 in June at 20 weeks pregnancy.
I think I have just missed my fertile period though, as I was on holiday with my parents last week, without DH, when I was probably ovulating... so we'll see this month...

KinkyDorito Mon 22-Aug-11 16:39:11

I'm really sorry to hear that blue; I have no idea how difficult it must be to lose a child at that stage of pregnancy.

Bluetinkerbell Mon 22-Aug-11 22:18:37

thanks Kinky it was pretty tough! I'm still trying to deal with it, the grief never goes away. A few weeks ago we received the results of the post mortem which told us our little girl had a chromosomal disorder which was incompatible with life. There is nothing we could have done to save her. So I'm trying to keep that in mind and think/hope she hasn't suffered in her short life.
I'm just so longing for another baby, to be pregnant again...

GizzyBoo Mon 22-Aug-11 23:45:28

Well we are after #4
We have had a mental year where we have both quit our jobs, moved to a remote Scottish island and basically are living the dream.....so decided to mix it up with one last baby grin
Our eldest is 14 and youngest is 8
Mirena was removed at Christmas and no joy yet so am beginning to wonder if I'm past it blush

Oh well.....AF due Wed so not long to wait for the let down this month!

Good luck on your journey x x x

Harryan Wed 24-Aug-11 09:53:34

Thats very sad blue, I hope you are ok and wishing you all the best of luck with trying again.

Hello gizzy smile That sounds like it's gonna be lots of fun when it happens! Has AF shown up yet today?? smile

Well My AF Due tomorrow....have POAS x 5 since 2 wks ago and all Neg sad. I Don't feel like I'm due but mine seem to have a knack of creeping up on me when least expected!! Knowing my luck it'll come tonight while I'm on my night shift!!!

Will let you all know if the old witch appears!! grin
xxx

GizzyBoo Fri 26-Aug-11 09:33:13

Hi Harryan.

No AF for me yet shock ......Its day 30 in a 26-28 day cycle.

Just bit the bullet and ordered some tests online as I don't keep them in the house. It would be too tempting to use them.
But now I have ordered them you can bet AF will show her ugly face asap hmm

KinkyDorito Fri 26-Aug-11 10:39:43

Ooooo, good luck Gizzy. I'm 2 days late but convinced AF is on its way, given BFN and spotty face.

Harryan Fri 26-Aug-11 12:34:01

Boooo! sad

I was right...The witch arrived Wednesday night while at work!! sad

Just worked out that i'll be ovulating next weekend so....Have made sure I am NOT working! wink lol.

DH won't know what hit him! grin I might even bring out the sexy pants!! grin

Fingers crossed for you Gizzy!

KinkyDorito Fri 26-Aug-11 13:28:43

Not the sexy pants!!!

I'm on the June bus now, and we're all doing it doggy style too...

KinkyDorito Fri 26-Aug-11 13:28:58

Sorry about the AF though.

Harryan Fri 26-Aug-11 13:51:44

Pmsl @doggy style grin

I'm ok, June bus it is! Am worried about having 2 birthdays in June mind! confused DS2 is on the 13th of June! lol

It WILL Happen for us next month kinky!!!
Maybe we should stop thinking about it...They say it always happens when you don't think about it! wink

KinkyDorito Fri 26-Aug-11 20:32:51

AF here finally, so next month it is!

ChezzaB Fri 02-Sep-11 10:39:59

Just started ttc#3 and it's getting to me already as I have shown no signs of ovulating cd15. Ds1&2 were conceived so easily on cd14 of a very regular 28 day cycle. Anyway we'll just keep 'plugging' away.

I always said 2 was my magic number but I started to get very broody recently and have decided to have just one more.! I just hope that I can draw a line this time because I really don't think dp would take too well to my nagging again for another one!

porcupine11 Fri 02-Sep-11 21:06:51

ChezzaB, you could be me! I've been ttcno3 for 4 or 5 months now & no luck so far - but actually after two frustrating first months I've calmed down about the whole thing now.

Hadn't really thought about twins risk... the plus side is that there would be plenty of room for two in my tummy now ;) Not so much in our house...

Good luck to everyone - hope we can all have an expecting no3 freak out thread soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now